Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Wanting to start pump

Wulox

Jul 29, 2009
Messingham
Hi all, I've been out of the sport for a while and now returning. Before I stopped playing I had always wanted to try my hand at pump, however I never really knew where to start. Now that I'm back I figured I can finally have a go at pump. Just wanting to find out if there are many people that play pump exclusively or if anybody plays pump against other people using semis at walk-ons etc.
Also, whilst I'm here I thought i should ask, I'm quite interested in the empire sniper pump gun, however I'm not really willing to currently spend the £360ish price cost, so I was just wondering what they normally go for second hand on the forums?
Thanks all!

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
I've been using a pump almost exclusively for the last 12 months at monthly walk-on's against a fairly competent mixed crowd of players and loved it, it's not for everyone and you end up getting mullared every now an again but since I was never very good in the first place I now have a tool to blame.

Cheapest I've seen an empire sniper go was £200 but they don't come up often, decent secondhand pumped cockers start at about £130 from memory.

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
I don't know of anywhere in the UK that does pump only days or tournaments. on the rare occasion i make it out to a walk on i tend to mix it up between my pump and my geo, and its good fun either way. While you do often get torn up by those sporting tourney markers as cannon said, it is also much more satisfying to shoot them in the face with a pump :D

i've been using one of the empire snipers just after they were released (world cup 2011?) and have loved it, and i'm even venturing out with the stock class feed tube attached this weekend!

Wulox

Jul 29, 2009
Messingham
Not a big fan of how the trracer looks really, has a slightly milsim appearance in my opinion and I'm not really a fan of that kind of thing. Thanks for the suggestion though! I'm more attracted to how the sniper looks, also really like some of the cocker pumps I've seen and am contemplating seeing if i can get one of them depending on the cost and when I've got the cash. I am quite tempted to buy an azodin kaos pump too. Seeing mike from techpb using it in various videos on youtube got me wanting to play pump originally! It all comes to down to how much cash I'm going to get from selling a bunch of stuff I have at the moment is all. :)

Last edited: