Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

What happened to all the paintball?

CharlieDTP

Apr 4, 2018
Hi all!

I’m back in the paintball seen in the UK after 7 years away and where has all the paintball gone?

Are there any tournaments running in the south of the country? Looking on the tourney boards on here most haven’t had a post in a while....

Any responses much appreciated!

Looks like Campaign walk-on still going - hooray!

Thank you

Charlie

Reactions: TrappStar

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Paintball is still around but communities fragmented heading off to Facebook.

That’s good for keeping up to date with local walk-on updates etc, but it’s no good if you don’t know it’s there
Ditto with scenario event banter faction etc, but if you don’t know what’s going on then you don’t get in on the groups.

There was the ‘Paintball calendar’ which covered every flavour of Paintball, but if sites don’t bother to contribute the guy running it didn’t get information without having to constantly hunt it down, then someone would winge that he doesn’t have x events so they would make a Facebook calendar and it would fall out of use ..... etc

Tournaments do happen in the south, but Super5ives tried to rebuild and it worked, but the numbers wouldn’t add up so it had to stop
Bricketwood has the SPL, CPPS has the national events covered (should be this weekend but it’s fallen foul of the weather)

Give a shout out here with your location and what you’re looking for, someone will know what’s going on

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Tournaments do happen in the south, but Super5ives tried to rebuild and it worked, but the numbers wouldn’t add up so it had to stop
Bricketwood has the SPL, CPPS has the national events covered (should be this weekend but it’s fallen foul of the weather)
The Bricket Wood SPL has stopped as of this year - not enough teams participating.

CharlieDTP

Apr 4, 2018
Thanks Tom, Shepherd, Luke and Charlie.

Seems that there is no longer a consistent southern paintball sup-air tourney series in the UK. I imagine people are making the three hour drive to the CPPS from London....:(. Such a shame.

I would just like to understand where the demand as all gone!

Im in London by the way ideally looking for sup air training/scrimmage and probably also some walk on (because its fun!) :)

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
The south east i.e around london does not have an equivalent to the CPPS. So yes we are travelling up to the CPPS events and really enjoying it.

We (Team Unlimited) are hoping 141 get their new gatwick site back up and running soon. Campaign is good for woodsball but the supair field has water logging problems. Bricket Wood is still active but as already said not running events.

If someone has a few spare bucks (i.e. lottery winner) and wants to build a 4 field astro site just outside the M25 they would a charming chap or chapess in my books.
But no one with a business head on them would attempt it at the moment because paintball is seemingly at a low in the southeast. Airsoft, Laser tag, are taking the younger players, so where is the feeder teams coming from to support semi and pro teams at big events.

Woodsball is having a resurgence which can only be good, but the arena Sup Air side of the sport is seemingly stagnating.

Just my 2p.

Shepherd:03

London Legion
Apr 23, 2014
Bexleyheath
www.facebook.com
Bricket Wood is still active for training, with various teams there most weekends. Too many SPL teams either progressed to the CPPS national league and couldn't commit to both series, or folded. We're heading to Bricket on Saturday if you want to come along (London Legion), and I know a bunch of other teams are booking in for training over this weekend as CPPS round 1 has been deferred with the recent snow/wet weather spoiling the ground up there.

Overall there's been about the same number of people leaving sup air for the "usual" reasons (money, family, losing interest), but a lot less people starting up to replace them. A lot of smaller teams have folded, but other teams are adding 2nd/3rd/8th squads.

Colin - surely an astro field site inside the M25 with some public transport links would be the dream?!

Rob