Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Which division, which league, and which series?

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Damn there are too many different leagues and series right now!

What happened to the 'good old days' :rolleyes: where if you wanted to prove you were the best you had to go play NPPL?

Anyway given the current climate, which league/division/series/kindergarten would you play in this year if you had any choice? and why?

Where? US? UK? France? Germany? Spain? Eastern Europe? Australia?

As I'm kinda biased and living in the UK I guess I'd have to say Paintball Association League...it's changing the face of paintball in the UK...and further afield too it seems :)...but like I said...i'm biased :D

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
I am happy playing in the EXL, NPPL and MS events, diversity is what is the most appealing to me, i think that the NXL is to restricting, and the NPPL does not quite go far enough. A mix of the 2 formats, Xball and 7man is gonna be sweet:)

LV 4 26

Millsy- Back Baby
Soon we will be arguing and trying to unify the 5 different bodies

International Paintball Federation
World Paintball Federation
World Paintball Association
World Paintball Council
World Paintball Organisation

Then we could have the Intercontinental and international events for tournaments outside of the world rankings.

Hang on! ring a bell does it. looks like we are going down the same road as BOXING

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
On the one hand, the fragmentation of the series does reduce the glamour of winning (or even playing in) one series or the other(s). Playing the same fields that the big names (Avalanche, Aftershock, etc) played, or playing against them, was a big draw for the old NPPL. Now, it seems a little less special with the top talent spread out between two leagues. :(

There are benefits to the split. Like competition between the series leading to better events. And the fact that I get paid to ref one series while playing the other, so I get the best of both worlds. :)

Now I just have to work out how to ref the Mil series and I'll be all set :D :D :D

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
as long as my marker is working i dont care who im playing as long as there are fools to shoot!!!!!

as Ronnie said the other day 'they arnt teams, they are just next'!!!

i did seriouly enjoy campaign tho last year......got to shoot some american fools, some scaninavian fools, some dutch fools........

MrPink

Banned
Aug 15, 2002
Cook$ mom's house
www.ltpaintball.com
I've gotta agree with Sam:eek:

Playing 7-man and Open X-ball this year in Europe will rock (Although if money was no object, then I would take tha 'Love over stateside for a full season of Div X-ball:cool: )

I'd much rather play lots of different teams, than the same 10-12 month in, month out. Plus Euro teams have different styles to their game, making it more challenging to play them:)

GSuperstar

Planet Eclipse
Jul 17, 2003
Manchester
www.facebook.com
Originally posted by MrPink
over stateside for a full season of Div X-ball:cool: )

I'd much rather play lots of different teams, than the same 10-12 month in, month out. Plus Euro teams have different styles to their game, making it more challenging to play them:)
ooh i like his answer:)

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by shamu
On the one hand, the fragmentation of the series does reduce the glamour of winning (or even playing in) one series or the other(s). Playing the same fields that the big names (Avalanche, Aftershock, etc) played, or playing against them, was a big draw for the old NPPL. Now, it seems a little less special with the top talent spread out between two leagues. :(
Great stuff! And exactly what I feel.

One reason I want to play Div 1 X-ball is to face up against teams like Dynasty and the Naughty Dogs.

But the glamour and knowledge of who you are playing and where you will rank is diluted with so many different events and styles.

You have to hand it to the Naughty Dogs, in that they were able to prove themselves in every format last year!