Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

why post in brain box

mikie

Apr 29, 2004
London
Firstly i understand the irony in this and it is in fact slightly tongue in cheek but after a few shandys and a quick skim over this sub forum this question springs to mind:

Why do people start threads or even post in this section?

Is it an attempt to flex their cognitive muscles?
Is there an heir of intellectual snobbery involved?

This is after all a paintball forum, the internet being so vast im sure there are places for semi intellectual/ philosophical debates and im sure on these allot of people would be pulled up for using their Google knowledge or "wiki copy pasting"

(as a disclaimer im not whole heartedly opposed to this section i just find it quite hit and miss. It having a classics background it is interesting reading the re workings of Sophocles (plato’s) writings but is it paintball?)

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Nope, it isn't paintball.

But people have been moaning about a non-paintball section of the forum for ages, and here it is.
The reason we try to go for somewhat more brainy discussions, is because it stops the "OMG diz rOxX0Rz" type stuff, plus it'll give you a great chance to see what a diverse group we actually are, despite many claiming to be part of the "paintball lifestyle".

Also, like you said, it gives you the chance to flex your cognitive muscles, it's fun to debate and who knows, you might learn something too. :)

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
Is there an heir of intellectual snobbery involved?
Actually there isn't even a test, which I did try to do something about, but no-one agreed with me.

To answer your question above, unless you have a son, no.

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
In an effort to revive this part of the forum i thought i would reply to your post.

My understanding of this section is not a 'flex the brain' or 'show off educational quality's', after all who determines how clever or how thick you are?

My understanding is this section is dedicated to questions you ask yourself of have an opinion about without the "your wrong" answer (unless its Budda or Robbo as they are automatically right and can delete posts lol... sorry just messing :D)

Personally speaking i used this section to think about things. Someone may make a statement or ask a general open question, most of which are non paintball related. I quite often say to friends who frequent this forum and other PB forums what has xyx got to do with paintball? This section i guess is dedicated to them thoughts. From my grasp on this section it is NOTHING to do with PB!

The benifits however and far greater then paintball and are what the internet and discussion forums are all about. Could anyone honestly say they would or have searched for an 'intelligent' or 'open' forum or discussion board on the internet? My guess is next to nobody has that were not topic or subject driven. This in my mind is where this section differs from the norm.

Robbo (the dude whom owns this site / forum) isnt a non thinker and doesnt just follow a crowd, so he created this sub section so it gives people a chance to just blast out whatever funny little thoughts were floating about in their head (hopefully) without the ridicule.

I honestly gain something from this section as it gives me a chance (good or bad) to try and understand how others think about a topic whatever it may be and also offers freedom to ask others and myself questions, maybe you suffer ridicule but lets be honest ITS THE INTERNET AND WHO CARES? Dont lose any sleep, i dont lol!

The idea to me is not a right and wrong, nobody is ever is ever wrong they just think differently. The basis (for me) is to read and try and understand other peoples views and then extract what i think and find a medium or give fruit for thought in my own little fcuk'd up head.

Anyways i cant be chewed to type much more as its not my site and to be fair nothing to do with me until i have an opinion (more then often, sometimes against the grain).

One thing i would say however is dont just accept peoples thoughts or opinions in this sections, blast up your own and allow people the right to reply, this way it may give you something to think about not just dictate and be automatically 'right' :D

Edit:- dont be shy, if you feel e-bullied fire me a pm i love fighting a losing battle lol :D

Rat

eating brick!
Sep 18, 2005
worcester UK
query for the brain boxes

is it possible to pre meditate a transplant by picking the donor "before hand" and if you hit them with the car is it still premeditated murder?

chrizwheatley

Northern Baller
Sep 23, 2007
Near Newcastle
Yes! There is no brainbox or otherwise that would answer that questions how you would like it.

Every religion and law says what your suggesting is wrong, not to mentions its is in most peoples mind unethical, however i would say i would love you find a suitable donor... god, budda, johavah, zeus, whomever willing lol :D