Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Will there ever truly be world peace whilst the human race survives?

Kat

I'm a love Albatross.
Aug 18, 2006
Carlisle/ Leeds
Nope not a chance, because humans are selfish and as long a somebody thinks that what they want is the right way then somebody that disagrees will try and blow them up.

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
As Kat Williams so eloquently says "Just take one hit and see how a ****** perspective changes..." (or words to that effect.) If people just took one hit..goddamn the world would be a better place.

That or marmite...

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
"So long as there are men there will be wars."
Einstein - giant brain box.

"The death of one is a tradegy, the death of millions is a statistic."
Stalin - mass murderer

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
I think the only possibility of world peace would be if communism (through a big fat war) took over the whole world and peace was imposed upon us through stalin style rebel 'cleansing'.
Personaly I'd rather live in a world where we are free to make war if we decide to.

That leaves another question. What is peace? Can you have it imposed upon you through fear of speaking out? Is that peace? :confused:

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
Errr Stalin was responsible for the deaths and/or suffering of an estimated 20 million people +, many of them his own. Sounds like perfect harmony to me.....you nut!

Part of the point of Stalin's quote is that once you can justify killing more than one person, it is not hard to justify killing many more. Lives just become meaningless numbers on a balance sheet, so you start with rebel clensing and end up with mass murder, not peace.

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
Errr Stalin was responsible for the deaths and/or suffering of an estimated 20 million people +, many of them his own. Sounds like perfect harmony to me.....you nut!

Part of the point of Stalin's quote is that once you can justify killing more than one person, it is not hard to justify killing many more. Lives just become meaningless numbers on a balance sheet, so you start with rebel clensing and end up with mass murder, not peace.

harmony and 'world peace' are slightly different things though arent they? I assumed we were talking about conflict from one country to another.
If communism took hold allover the world it would be pretty damn hard to get out of, thats why the west fears it so much, basically because its a bit of a one way street, once you're in, you're in so there would be more of a world identity than individual countrys to fight each other.

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
harmony and 'world peace' are slightly different things though arent they? I assumed we were talking about conflict from one country to another.
If communism took hold allover the world it would be pretty damn hard to get out of, thats why the west fears it so much, basically because its a bit of a one way street, once you're in, you're in so there would be more of a world identity than individual countrys to fight each other.
You might want to pick up a history book or two...
There have been a good number of countries where communism has been "got rid of" by the people. And there have been a number of wars between communist states, Vietnam versus Cambodia for a good example.
In fact, the Soviet Union (before it was overthrown by the people) and the People's Republic of China have never been friends. Those were the two largest communist states ever! They had totally differing views of what communism meant.

As an aside, what Stalin did is no longer considered communist. It is now known as Stalinist. The Soviet leaders that came after him were quick to distance themselves from what Stalin did.