Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Worth It? (4 Hi-Res Pics...beware)

IL=Tim the Yank

Wasted Away Again...
Oct 15, 2003
London
www.ironlions.co.uk
From what I've read elsewhere its composite to save weight and has aluminum sleeves where the moving parts are for durabilty.

Is it worth $1700? If someone can justify spending a 100,000 pounds + on a car, 1700 bucks on a sexy new paintball gun seems like nothing.

There will always be people willing to pay silly amounts of dosh for things that are cool but unnecessary.

ChrisPaye

Feb 6, 2005
Visit site
I was under the impression that the DMC was Dye's answer to the Ion, not MORE expensive than a DM5. If its 1700 bucks hell no, not unless you are loaded and have nothing better to spend it on. If it was $700 or under, it would be pretty bad ass.

Robeenio

Super Robeenio
Dec 4, 2002
Staying warm on a sunday!
dye have become the new angel in that whenever they bring out a new toy all the original owners are like oooooohhh

i'm sorry but if you are gonna mix composite and aluminium then there is no way they can justify such a price tag

Munkeh

Planet of the Apes
Jul 12, 2002
Cheshire
Visit site
Originally posted by Sick Psyko

i'm sorry but if you are gonna mix composite and aluminium then there is no way they can justify such a price tag
Ermmm.. and composites (not talking plastic) are really cheap? Look at any car with GFRP or CFRP as part of it and it won't be cheap.

ruthlessp8ntballer

You And Your ****ing Rope
Oct 10, 2003
United States......BITCHES!
Originally posted by Munkeh
Ermmm.. and composites (not talking plastic) are really cheap? Look at any car with GFRP or CFRP as part of it and it won't be cheap.
Do you really think that Dye is going to invest in that grade of "composite" materials? :rolleyes: ;)

Originally posted by Buddha 3
Because steel weighs a fukkin ton...
I'd rather have it be 50 pounds and be able to get smashed with a rock and still work, than have it weigh only 2 or 3 pounds and the marker dies if you yell too loud around it. :p

GSuperstar

Planet Eclipse
Jul 17, 2003
Manchester
www.facebook.com
Re: Re: Worth It? (4 Hi-Res Pics...beware)

Originally posted by ruthlessp8ntballer

I'd rather have it be 50 pounds and be able to get smashed with a rock and still work, than have it weigh only 2 or 3 pounds and the marker dies if you yell too loud around it. :p

then buy a DM4 or 5... :rolleyes:

the composite are for those who 'do' want a proper light gun without it weighing 50 pounds etc