Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X-Ball Europe - The Story So Far

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
I think Duff

was aiming at the right format and nature of product to make it sellable...I.e. Mr Coca Cola understands a format in which teams score goals, have penalty boxes and win a game 11-9 over 4 quarters. He can accept that as a packaged sport-type product. Mr Coca Cola struggles to deal with the concept of the Chicago Bulls even playing, let alone sometimes getting dicked by, the local Slimfast 10-Man team, before they all march off into separate semi-finals before any tensions and drama between players and teams can be generated.

YYour argument seems to rest on tha fact that 'they' will either buy into pball or they won't; tha rest of us think that format and presentation is key.

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Aim high

miss and you still might hit tha target...

Tha key is that viewers - whatever demographic - get what's going on, and X-Ball is waaaaaaay easier to get for nojn-ballers than trad pball.

rancid

Mother, is that you?
I think Duff

Originally posted by TJ 2
was aiming at the right format and nature of product to make it sellable...I.e. Mr Coca Cola understands a format in which teams score goals, have penalty boxes and win a game 11-9 over 4 quarters. He can accept that as a packaged sport-type product. Mr Coca Cola struggles to deal with the concept of the Chicago Bulls even playing, let alone sometimes getting dicked by, the local Slimfast 10-Man team, before they all march off into separate semi-finals before any tensions and drama between players and teams can be generated.

YYour argument seems to rest on tha fact that 'they' will either buy into pball or they won't; tha rest of us think that format and presentation is key.
What's the fkin point. You ain't listening.

Mate, two weeks ago you'd have bought a fkin Franchise, along with the REST OF YOU.

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
OK

One question: WHERE'S THE TV?
Answer: Nowhere.

>>>Create tha product, then get tha TV I imagine is tha current thinking. If tha powers that be are willing to spend their money on a shot that could benefit all of us, why should you worry?

Second question: so where does this leave x-ball?
Answer: A short lived gimmicky format, ill thought out and LESS televisible than the real thing.

>>>Wrong, wrong and thrice wrong.

There you go.

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by rancid
So, you're asking me to buy into paintball as a family viewed sport, on the lines of NFL, Soccer, Tennis etc?

And I'm saying that anyone who belives that has a screw loose.
Ten years ago if someone had said we'd have guns and loading systems capable of 20 balls per second, and that we would wear bright clothes and run around inflatable obstacles in sports stadiums...

People would have said they had a screw loose...

Who knows what the future holds :) Apart from me of course...

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Originally posted by manike
Ten years ago if someone had said we'd have guns and loading systems capable of 20 balls per second, and that we would wear bright clothes and run around inflatable obstacles in sports stadiums...

People would have said they had a screw loose...
15 years ago, yes.

But, in 1991 players were wearing JT racing jerseys, bright pants, and starting to wear numbers. The New Jersey Devil Dogs put numbers on the backs of thier realtree pulloevers. Some teams were seen in JT PINK RACING TOPS. Don't make me scan this stuff! I'll do it.

-Tyger