Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Xbox vs ps3

jus

Bulldogs
Mar 18, 2006
stafford
man the xbox is like the betamax hehe
i just thought most of the players in here arent old enough to know what that is :)

glenn

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Stockton-on-tees
:O least the more expensive better format won out this time (blu ray)

and funny enough thats what u get in a ps3 which is the main reason its better than the xbox.

well that and the only thing u need for a ps3 is a hdmi cable compared to xbox360 which needs wireless adaptor when they still made em hd dvd player, controller charger or lots of batteries etc

matty s

i want 1 billion dollars!
Aug 28, 2008
s****horpe
just for the sake of one game i would not get the ps3 as you could get it only then to find that there a 2 games you want for 360

glenn

Platinum Member
Dec 2, 2008
Stockton-on-tees
wtf are you talking about? LOL
well the xbox needed a hd dvd drive addon to play hd dvds but they dont even make them anymore.

at least with the ps3 you get the best blu ray dvd player money can buy

why?

cos its the only blu ray player that get software upgrades so you get all the new features

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
PS3 :- 1. Built in Blu-Ray Player
2. Graphics are excellent (1080i/1080p/720i/720p)
3. Plenty of games (but not as many as 360)
4. Internet browser
5. Sixaxis/ Dualshock 3 controls are gyroscopic (move the game as you move
the control

Cons:
360 :- 1. Red Ring Of Death can be quite annoying as customer service isnt that good
2. You have to pay to go online (X-Box Live)
3. No internet browser (unlike PS3)
Most the other stuff was correct
However - the xbox customer service is excellent, not that ive had to use it.
The sixaxis pads are ****ing ****, lets be hnest, and the tilt function is an afterthought at best.
#the ps3 browser is very poor, but at least its there I spose.
~the live service with 360 can be had for about £27 so 50p a week. to me thats a bargain for how useful it is compared to the broken ps3 network.
the graphics are equal if not better on the 360, and all the resolutions you listed can be run on both systems, so thats not a ps3 pro at all. added to this, multiformat games often suffer on the ps3 - examples are skate, fallout 3 and GTA4 to name but a handful.

Ive owned all the next gen consoles and my parting shot is:

if you want cheap gaming, with the ability to have a media centre in your living room, and play online with mates, the 360 wins all the way.

the only way I see the ps3 being viable is if you really intend to utilise the blu ray player. The games catalog is smaller, more expensive, the console itself is still what £300? the controllers really are poor (the triggers are convex for god sake!) and the online service while free is much less functional than the xbox live service.

The only big negative i see for the 360 is the red rings ****, but that is being improved with the latest chipset (65nm manufacturing) which is on the shelves now.

Ive had pretty much every console made, 360 is the best ive owned