XBOX360 vs PS3

3L1TE hax

Platinum Member
Jan 20, 2009

paintballJett

Platinum Member
Aug 15, 2008
Sm5 2lw
I only own an xbox360 and am dissapointed with the 2 player abilities. I only play socially, get the mates round and have a blast, but it is hard to find great two player games.

RoryM

Jul 23, 2001
Luxembourg now
Visit site
PS3 is not a games console remember, it is a media system.

I play games
I download games from the store
I have loads of music on it
I play DVDs on it
I play Blu ray on it
I surf the internet on it
I have a great photo storage on it
I can chat to friends on it
I stream films onto it wirelesly from my laptop or desktop on my home network.

It does this all out the box, without having to pay anything or need any special IT skills.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
PS3 is not a games console remember, it is a media system.

I play games
I download games from the store
I have loads of music on it
I play DVDs on it
I play Blu ray on it
I surf the internet on it
I have a great photo storage on it
I can chat to friends on it
I stream films onto it wirelesly from my laptop or desktop on my home network.

It does this all out the box, without having to pay anything or need any special IT skills.
I own all 3 current generation consoles.

My 360 does all you have listed above with the exception of blu ray and browsing but also has a better game selection exclusives like Halo and Gears of War , titles like Assassins Creed to download or addictive "arcade games" like r-type or street fighter to download. The user experience is FAR better on the 360 too! There are also a lot more Xbox players just have a look at the sales figures in particular have a look at the "attach rate" this is the number of games bought per console on average. PS3 has significantly lower sales figures and the attach rate is often less than half that of 360. Most people believe the attach rate is so low because people just use the ps3 as a blu ray player and do not play games on it. That is what I do with mine.

In terms of "special IT skills" to set a console up if you needed them to setup any console you are doing something very wrong. All of the current generation are very easy to setup!

kamikaze_chris

"DODDSY"
Dec 3, 2008
xbox 360 all day long, it has better games catalogue better online game play which is the future, all in all the control pad works better i think sony need to swop the position of the analogue stick with the direction pad,,

but For £250 quid for a console and a blue ray player cant be bad imo,, buy both lol

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
the £50 was when i got one a year or so ago....

and u got lucky with 3 weeks, i said UP TO
i know people who have had less than a week turn around, it depeneds entirely on how busy the repair centre is.

Plus as well as a new warranty, you get a free month xbl membership each time as a sorry from MS

Guess i'm going for the Xbox i guess...

Cheapskate 2nd hand one on ebay - here we come XD

To be honest I'd go with a reputable retailer so you have the support their incase you need it.

Failing that if you do have issues with a warrantyless machine, there are companies like Total Console Repair that can help you out and guarantee their work.