Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

AAArrggh.. Unmountable boot volume!

Russell Smith

The Paintball Association
I got myself a new laptop after Vista had been out only a few months it had 1gb of memory and I was told that would be fine, it wasn't.
I had a memory upgrade fitted so it now has 2gb and it hardly made any difference it was still frustratingly slow.
I had XP installed and all is fine, I don't need to know how it works or what it is doing in the background I am not technophobic nor am I an expert on computers and their operating systems. I am like 95% of users in that I expect it to do what it has promised me it will do.
I sent a complaint letter to Microsoft explaining the frustration Vista had caused and what I had to do to make my laptop work efficiently, they did not even reply.
I suspect I will be getting a Mac next time.

Russ

Can you see how much I care for those people? Amazing isnt it.

My point being, Vista is fine, people who bash it should get a better PC.

Yes, Vista will only run properly on a high spec machine.
But XP will run even better on the same machine, and there are literally thousands of applications that dont work with vista.

If your trying to run a business your fooked.. And no amount of marketing BS from Microsoft will change that fact.

But on the positibe side it does look pretty.

I guess its where your priorities lie...

Bon

Timmy Nerd
Feb 22, 2006
Birmingham
Yes, Vista will only run properly on a high spec machine.
But XP will run even better on the same machine, and there are literally thousands of applications that dont work with vista.

Wasnt the same said about XP and 2000? People just dont like change, thats all, technology is moving forwards, not backwards, and thats what going back to XP is, hell if we listened to all these people "incompatability this" and "doesnt work that" we would all be stuck on windows 95 still.

Name me 10 things that make XP better than Vista apart from a high spec PC is needed and certain incompatability issues (which is down to the software creators to fix not MS) and maybe I can consider your arguement valid.

J@mes

If in doubt, flat out!
Jul 11, 2006
Wakefield, West Yorks.
right, now we have gone way off track. Need to get this back on track.

Got the new HDD in, and setup. Now i want to get my music from my Ipod, onto my Itunes... how do i do that?

-james

balf

Mr Fantastico
May 20, 2006
Stealing Al's PC parts
plug the ipod in so it comes up as a flash drive or whatever, open it up, show the hidden folder, in which is contained 50 other folders all of which contain your music.

Or thats how it worked when I had one!

AL21784

I love lamp
Sep 19, 2005
Hijacking Balf's datas
Can you see how much I care for those people? Amazing isnt it.

My point being, Vista is fine, people who bash it should get a better PC.
ummm, i have a 3 ghz dual core amd, 1000 mhz fsb, 2 gig ddr2 and a bfg 8800gts oc2..... it's fast as fook and i prefer xp pro ;) :D

Wasnt the same said about XP and 2000? People just dont like change, thats all, technology is moving forwards, not backwards, and thats what going back to XP is, hell if we listened to all these people "incompatability this" and "doesnt work that" we would all be stuck on windows 95 still.
When XP came out alot of people said, 'wow microsoft finally released a comparatively stable OS'. Their first since DOS.

In fact alot of massive companies still successfully use command prompt based operating systems.
Yes, Bon they are 'stuck' word processing without the helpful paperclip man.
Must be hell.

Name me 10 things that make XP better than Vista apart from a high spec PC is needed and certain incompatability issues (which is down to the software creators to fix not MS) and maybe I can consider your arguement valid.
I cant name 10 reasons XP is better, without mentioning compatibility. Because the real problem is compatability. Its ridiculous to say thats not microsofts fault. We've all seen unix systems emulate windows, so if microsoft cant release a version of windows that is able to properly emulate windows then its a fricking crying shame.

Similarly you couldnt name 5 reasons Vista is better, without mindlessly regurgitating microsoft marketing speak or feature lockins.

Nuff said :rolleyes:
Oh I see, you need an intel processor too.

What about memory, video card, motherboard chipset?
Do they have to be specific makes too?
What happens if its not the right one, instability crashes, fire?

Seriously microsoft need to sort their heads out, get some perspective and stop discriminating.
Otherwise before we know it half the world will be using Apple Macs.
Which IMO would be far far worse.