Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Accuracy

Kefka

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Accuracy. I Know it's talked about way too much but here I go to add another post. Well me and my brother both have Spyder Aggresors and Mine is the purplish color and his the blue. Mine came with a Ported barrel on top of the original strips of holes on the end and he only had the 4 strips on the end. Obviously, my gun works much better and he's jealous. I want to ask if the viewloader barrel u can get at wal-mart is better? It has 4 long strips of holes at the end and says it works with spyder markers. Would this help or should he still try to get a spiral ported barrel like mine?

Thnx everyone!! :p

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Here we go again!
The most important factor is the bore size being a good match for the paint. Save up & get a Freak or something where you can match the bore from box to box. If you can't manage the cost of a Freak, at least buy a really good make - see What Painball Gear magazine for comparisons, costs etc.

MidgetFista

Nov 12, 2001
Cheshire, UK
homepages.manx.net
Originally posted by Kefka
Well me and my brother both have Spyder Aggresors and Mine is the purplish color and his the blue. Mine came with a Ported barrel on top of the original strips of holes on the end and he only had the 4 strips on the end. Obviously, my gun works much better and he's jealous

its the colour that does it!!!!

If he sprays his red all his problems will be solved.

Midge

jynxfactor

Jan 23, 2002
Anchorage AK
Visit site
Oh lord not again!!!

Now that thats out of my system, I think afew of the key word in your question were missed. ( Viewloader barrel, Walmart )

No, you should not by any paintball equipment "upgrades" form Walmart and with this not a Viewloader barrel. The quality and improved performance you are looking for will not be there. your best opption is to find a local PB shop and see what they have. Without question anything they have there will be better then what you will find at Walmart.

I don't mean to sound like a paintball snob but just try asking the clerk at Walmart a PB question and see if they can give you a correct anser.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Pretty much there's your answer right there, but a few points left out. Along with bore match is also quality of the barrel, how it balances with your marker, and how much money you're willing to spend on it. Spyder barrels are easy to come by used, so go to your local field and see which ones you can find, try, then buy used. EXAMINE ANY BARREL BEFORE BUYING IT!!! Yeah, porting is good but it's not the entire issue. Just avoid stuff that looks too cheap or looks like a colander with a pen top attached at the end. I recommend personally CP, SP teardrop, DYE Excel, and Lapco, as they're good buys for the money...spending more than $60-70 will not get you any more accuracy!

KCJones228

Tiki Beer God
Aug 20, 2001
Albany NY
Visit site
putting a freak on a spyder is going a little overboard, in my humble opinion. Any good aftermarket barrel will do just fine, depending on the game you play. Go to WWW.pbreview.com and see what people who have the same gun use and what they think.

The clerks at all my local paintball shops are no better than anyone who works at Wal-Mart. less if you figure they should have some answers.

Freak Junior

If you are after a Freak barrel, then the spyder takes the Freak Junior, which is considerably cheaper than the Freak itself, and if you buy just one insert, then you can save up for bigger/smaller ones as you go along, till you always have the perfect paint fit for your marker.

Then your brother will really have something to be jealous of! :D

Richard

P.s. If you want to know how the Freak works, then ask, people will be explain, but I don't want to patronise you. But the guys n galls (Hi Liz) above are right, don't buy a Viewloader barrel from wallmart!

Alex Hicks.

Just your average lunatic
Jul 14, 2001
Loughborough
Visit site
Don't tell me you've bought a freak richard. You told me they wern't worth it when I bought mine. You even explictly said you wouldn't follow the trend myself and Dan 2 set.