The Home Of European Paintball

Cod 4 Online Players

RJKensai

God does not play dice.
May 21, 2007
In da House.
www.rehum.scotton.info
Gah ;)

Personally Assassins Creed and Skate run faster on the PS3 than on the xbox but thats in my opinion also Colin Macrae's Dirt runs smoother on the PS3 than on the xbox but that is in my opinion too, although some games don't run as smooth on the PS3 not all do...

But I find the controller a lot better than the Xbox 360 one, I find it more lighter and I love the Motion Sensitivity of it :)

so I will add that to your list makes 4, and you have to think up 1 more Pro of the 360 before I do of the PS3 ;)

RJKensai

God does not play dice.
May 21, 2007
In da House.
www.rehum.scotton.info
Well I could make the list to 5 with saying that the PS3 has the best processor in the world (Medical Research uses this Processor and it can crack 8 digit WEP keys in under 3 hours).

As said by Games Designer Nick Harper: The Xbox 360 has 3 running at 3.2GHz each, the PS3 has seven. So theoretically the PS3 is faster, much faster, which means it can do a lot more complex things.
but he also went onto say:

At the end of the day there's very little that can be taken from either Sony or Microsoft's presentations in relation to gameplay - these were pure graphical demonstrations. None of the games show a particular leap in terms of gameplay content, certainly not compared to the visual leap. And primarily this boils down to the user interface. We've pretty well reached the point of complexity with dual analogue sticks, analogue triggers and four face buttons, so while you can expect to see more content in terms of things happening, not much originality was on display. Gameplay advances will come from peripherals and Sony really showed that off with their kooky EyeToy games. Nothing wrong with controlling two bondage-clad Japanese spy chicks via videoconfering in my mind :)
So apparently there isn't much between them ;)

Sc0tt0n_007

Run and Fight another Day
Basically Sony has made a break through with the processor, and has made the PS3 so adaptable, (We've installed Linux on it!!!), with auto bluetooth devices, memory card reader and downloadable upgrades for games. This means it should not be viewed as a GAMES console but more of a PC so to speak. i mean you can connect to Windows media player and play music from a wireless computer, download videos and store them on the hard drive. So in my mind the Xbox CANNOT be compared to the PS3 because the PS3 is out of it league.

Certainly the Xbox was a break through for windows but not for the gaming world. I wait with anticipation for the next xbox to be released to see how it compares with Sony's masterpiece.

This is IMVHO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7118997.stm

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Basically Sony has made a break through with the processor, and has made the PS3 so adaptable, (We've installed Linux on it!!!), with auto bluetooth devices, memory card reader and downloadable upgrades for games. This means it should not be viewed as a GAMES console but more of a PC so to speak. i mean you can connect to Windows media player and play music from a wireless computer, download videos and store them on the hard drive. So in my mind the Xbox CANNOT be compared to the PS3 because the PS3 is out of it league.

Certainly the Xbox was a break through for windows but not for the gaming world. I wait with anticipation for the next xbox to be released to see how it compares with Sony's masterpiece.

This is IMVHO.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7118997.stm

Granted on paper and in practice for certain applications the cell engine thrives, however, how many WEP keys do you crack per day? None. You play games.

The 360 can connect to a pc and play music videos and watch photos.
You can also use this music IN GAMES unlike the PS3.
You can also connect an IPOD and play that,the same as above.
The 360 can stream XVID / DIVX also, which I think the PS3 cannot do yet.
360 can of course download game updates, which take seconds unlike the PS3

Of the things you have listed, sure the 360 doesnt do bluetooth, but it does support wireless devices, such as headsets, so thats a moot point.

also, installng another operating system? why? how does that help you play games? Im interested, and its a pro for the ps3 ill grant it that.

all the other stuff you have listed the 360 can do, and all with a much more user friendly interface.

Granted the ps3 has 7 processors, but that power is (as yet) untapped due to it being a developers nightmare. Many software houses have openly stated this, most recently Gabe newell of valve, who I beleive even outsourced the orange box to EA as the PS3 was so **** to program for. this is the reason that we see multiplatform games struggling on the PS3.

Again, my opnions, and Ive owned all of the current generation consoles.
If you want a pure games machine, that also doubles as a media centre, the 360 is leagues ahead.

RJKensai

God does not play dice.
May 21, 2007
In da House.
www.rehum.scotton.info
you must be smoking crack

also the motion sensitivity sucks balls.
All the games I tried with it, it was ****, oversensitive.
give me rumble any day.
Tacked on **** to make it look like it has something on the Wii.
We all have opinions ;)

You can turn the sensitivity down :)

I have nothing against the Xbox I just don't like Microsoft because of the number of times they have crashed whilst I have had some important work files on it(also a friend of mines Xbox went down the drain after a few weeks of buying it brand new)..

But I will admit the Xbox may be better than the PS3 at the moment, but if you give the PS3 time :)D) it will come from the gutter (so to speak)...

Plus about AC and Skate I have played both of them on the Xbox and the PS3, I said IMO not as a fact, please don't go crazy about someone else's opinion, and anyway lets try and keep on subject instead of making this a vs thread ;)

RainbowShooter

Drop the gun, fat boy.
Oct 12, 2006
St Albans, Hertfordshire
tbh neither has been pushed to it's full potential. People will always prefer one to the other, me personally it's the PS3. I think we will see some good changes coming out in 08. And also GTA has set a date for release :D