Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Fed cup feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsHell

Shooting for the ladies
Dec 21, 2007
I have to say a lot of credit has to be given to the refs, for some of them this really was not an easy weekend at all. If you consider the fact that several of them woke up with there tent on fire while they were in it, I cannot imagine the hell they went through and yet they still got up in the morning and worked hard all day so that players actually had games to play. Then you have another ref who has already said that he shouldn't have been marshalling due to injury, yet he still did it just so that there were enough marshals on that field.

Everybody makes mistakes both players and marshals after all they are only human and rather than demoralising the marshals and critisising them after every event (and yes I have also noticed that it is normally losing sides that moan and whinge - me included at times), we should be giving them the support and respect they deserve. If you have a problem with a decision then there are ways of dealing with it and swearing, name calling and threatening refs really is not it.

This event is the first federation event and things have gone right and there are things that I'm sure need improving. If we want the federation to hear our views then they need to be presented to the right people in the right format. Include what was good about the event, what you would like improving and suggestions about how it can be improved.

The only way this event can move forward and be even bigger and better is to not bitch and moan about what went wrong but to look at the whole picture.

I think one team that definately deserves a mention is Phoenix 5, they are a very sporting team. They are one of the nicest teams I have ever met, and not once have I ever heard them complain and gripe about an event, they go there to have fun and play paintball and have always helped anyone that asked for it. Well done Phoenix 5 you deserved all the recognition (and more) that you got :)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
why do you keep asking who everyone is?
Er...maybe on this occasion because I had zero idea who he was .. a reincarnated randy t didn't cross my mind because the level of grammar seemed to have significantly improved hence my confusion.
And what the fcuk has what I ask on my own site got to do with you???

And since when does 2 people constitute 'everyone'???

Do you need to attend remedial maths class JF???

J.C

Platinum Member
Well where I do i start.
This weekend has been hell for me. Due to extremely bad luck, really got off to a bad start, alot of our kit was burnt on the friday night, luckily no one was hurt. Posessions can be replaced, people cant. Got up on sat from understandably a sleepless night, but as i always do, decided suck it up and get on with it. The weather on saturday made for some very unpleaseant reffing, but as you lot say, we are paid to do a job and seen as i am not shy to being freezing cold, got one with it.
Sunday morning didnt get any better, with arriving late due to being locked on a RAF base, but we got there asap and got on with the day.
I can tell you now without the sunday afternoon, alot of us were already to walk, but the phrase used an awful that between the group of refs was WE ARE HERE FOR THE PLAYERS.
Due to the attrocious behaviour of a few, im not sure we should have thought it let alone said it.
The outrageous behaviour seen on sunday afternoon, would not have been seen in a nursery, the children have more control.
Fighting, threating behaviour, total disriguard for the refs and opposing players was so childish.
I have read everything that has been said on these forums, and everyone that knows me, will say that I speak my mind and hold my ground.
I have been reffing for a long time and seen an awful lot, good and bad.
To be honest sunday afternoon was the worst in terms of behaviour that I have ever seen in paintball. I played rugby for a lot of years and at a high level for my age. For a game which is all about hard hitting, adrenaline fuelled aggression, those participants as a whole had an awful lot more control, than you so called players.
To compare, and this is why paintball will never make to the olypmics or as a recognised main stream sport, is down to the players. In simple terms you get 30 18 stone blokes trying to kick crap out of each, when penalised will stop and have at time have to stand over a 5 foot odd ref and will take the punishment, with yes Sir, sorry Sir, knowing the implacations if they talk back. God knows what would have if some of you arrogant, egotistical players changed sports, you wouldnt last five minutes.
Bad calls are always made, does that give you the right to abuse, threaten and personally insult a ref, I dont think so.
What you all seem to forget is this. you all winge, bitch, moan, go f**king mental on the day and then on a public forum. you are not helping yourselves or the sport to move on and improve.
All the refs on the field dont do it for the money, I have a high paid job, which on a weekend I can get 5 times the amount I get paid for reffing. Obviously I do it for the money. From all the exepnses it cost me for travel, accomodation, food, replacing my reffing kit - considering I do not play anymore, I come out with pretty much nothing and at times it costs me to ref. so dont come on here and insult us with, you do it for the money.
I am highly dissapointed with all that went on this weekend. I am not saying that at times the refs were not responsible for this. Trust me, the players did not help themselves one little bit. It is like any other sport, bad calls are made, good calls are made, you have to take the rough with the smooth.
As a group and we discussed this in length before, during and after we tried to the best of our abilities. If you think you can do a better job, be my guest. I for one will never pull on a black and white jersey again.
I associate myself with paintball and gladly so, if I had friends or relatives there for a first time to see what it is about I would be ashamed.
To all the teams and players that hold respect for me, I thankyou. At the same time, there is teams and individual players that I hold great respect for, you know who are, a lot of you i had alot of time for at the weekend and took the time to explain my decisions, for which I do not have to do.
I am sick and tired of spending my time, money, having to mislead my boss to ref so many ungreatful people.
From this weekend I all hope you learn one thing, the refs you piss off walk, you get more inexperienced refs, that you will hate even more, they will walk. You see where this is leading.
Thats it for me, enough is enough, I will see all my friends at the events from the other side of the netting.

Jc

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
I'm borrowing a friends account here, since mine appears to have stopped working. Strange. Dictatorship is it? Perhaps I should take this up with the government too, I'm being ostracised because of my disability. Sad times :(
Randy T I assume?

This is gonna be a whole world of fun and games now. I love people who claim discrimination, I've spent my life in a country where it's probably the most used word.

And do you know what? Without fail, and every single time I have heard it used no matter which side of the fence it is from, it is passing the lips of some of societies biggest wasters and failures. You know the sort, same people who claim for tripping on kerbstones when really they just weren't looking.

JF21

May 4, 2007
Er...maybe on this occasion because I had zero idea who he was .. a reincarnated randy t didn't cross my mind because the level of grammar seemed to have significantly improved hence my confusion.
And what the fcuk has what I ask on my own site got to do with you???

And since when does 2 people constitute 'everyone'???

Do you need to attend remedial maths class JF???

Well no, i got the number correct just not the definition of everyone, so i should probably go to an English class... unless my English is so bad i confuse maths and English.

I think this thread has gone as far as it should any more posts are going to start making friends fall out

J.E_Bend

Banned
Feb 20, 2008
I'm at a loss .. you are????
I do apologise sincerely, I enjoy frolicking in the woods and don't post on here often. You see, I'm a nobody in the grand scheme of things, nothing near you on that plateau.

Fortunately, I don't aspire to stick myself up there and viciously attack any constructive criticism and feedback with snide remarks; then failing those, the little red ban button. Your world must be real swell...

However, I digress. I'm completely fed-up of trying to get a point over, as are a number of other people in this thread. I was Randy, and this thread is killing my mojo, so, peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.