Fed cup feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
This is a community site. Why are you getting so angry, I think randy t might be onto something with the dictatorship comment...
A community site that I own and as such, I kinda view it as my little house on the prairie; and into this house, I allow visitors, but sometimes those visitors displease me and I end up not liking them because they are rude, or have agendas outside of fair thinking individuals.

Now, I could waste my time in trying to educate you as to the ways of the paintball world but a little devil on my shoulder tells me not to waste my time ...
He's a real sod this little devil coz he makes me do things I try to resist from doing ... but try as I might, I just can't get past the notion that the people I have in my house are really my guests ... I think you know what's coming, or in your case, going ....

As you suspected, randy was onto something with that dictatorship comment though I like to view it as clearing the sh!t outa my house.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Well no, i got the number correct just not the definition of everyone, so i should probably go to an English class... unless my English is so bad i confuse maths and English.

I think this thread has gone as far as it should any more posts are going to start making friends fall out
Friends fall out???
Where?

I just want to put a few points about the reffing and leave the mud fight to the people that seem to enjoy it.

The reffing at the event on both fields was up and down. There were many bad calls made but not because the Refs tried to mess anyone up or decide games.

Players train weekly, monthly to be on the top of their game. Refs atm the moment are mainly learning at events how to do their job. There are only a handful of Refs that are constantly reffing the top level of European and International events. In the UK there are only 4 qualified EuroRefs. Those four ref most MS events and are well respected by ballers. Jabba, Dave, Nick and Oli.

The Refs at the weekend have done a very good job looking at the fact that they had no real training. What you all seem to forget is that without the Refs you guys would not be playing ball at all. I know for a fact that Oli spoke to some of the guys at the weekend indicating the chance to get some training and they all wanted to improve to provide you guys with a better service. The Marshals do care and want to give us players a consitant day of paintball.

The way some players have been acting on the field was shocking and the level of cheating, well the calls in many cases should have been harsher and the rules implemented correctly.

Players try to comment on the Marshal's call and don't even know the rules to be able to comment.

Well hopefully this will all change in 2010.

Love,

The HPG Crew

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
I do apologise sincerely, I enjoy frolicking in the woods and don't post on here often. You see, I'm a nobody in the grand scheme of things, nothing near you on that plateau.

Fortunately, I don't aspire to stick myself up there and viciously attack any constructive criticism and feedback with snide remarks; then failing those, the little red ban button. Your world must be real swell...

However, I digress. I'm completely fed-up of trying to get a point over, as are a number of other people in this thread. I was Randy, and this thread is killing my mojo, so, peace out.
Randy, I think you're confusing 'constructive criticism' (CC) with something else. shorty-salon-pete (SSP) came on to slaughter the refs and say he would not be returning to the next event (no CC so far).
Then, it turns out that his team are apparently the ones throwing their rattles around, and even threatening refs.
Warren, who I know fairly well, and have always got along well with, at least came clean about the team, and at that point SSP lost any high ground he was claiming to have. At no point have I see any 'CC'. Someone that threatens refs and behaves like a 5 year old forfeits the right to criticise the refs afterwards. If the team had kept cool, or 'professional', took their knocks, and then come on and offered some real critique, I hazard to guess that the outcome would have been different.

Also, returning to the area I would like some closure on - as a blind guy, are you in the best position to be arguing over the performance of the refs?

ps. If you're not actually blind, then get ready to have the almighty pixx taken out of you....

pps - nice to see some more chicks on here. Hi Sue & Claire. Typically us chicks send pics to each other on here. Sometimes we're wearing fancy underwear (sometimes not).
Just putting it out there.

rocknroll

Platinum Member
May 28, 2008
stoke-on-trent
well in my eyes, if there were no refs willing to turn up to any of the UK events due to all the crap they take day after day on the forum i would'nt blame them.

We all make mistakes it can't be helped afterall we're only human.

Put it this way if the team you were against got 1-4-1'd for no good reason would you post up, saying how bad the refs are?

At the end of the day the refs work bloody hard especialy on saturday with the high winds and bunkers going everywhere!

Ainsley

CPPS Chief Chimp
Mar 26, 2008
Staffordshire
I've got a bone to pick about the weather. Can the Fed please ensure that next year it's a sunny 22, with a slight breeze and 15% humidity. If its not, I will moan my hairless sack off about human error and demand that Fisher Price robots do all future reffing from now on. Lack of gratitude astounds me.

J.C you hit it on the head with the rugby comment. Never seen a call questioned on the pitch, and that's what it should be; no questions asked.

Just when we thought we'd reached the real low point of paintball.......

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm borrowing a friends account here, since mine appears to have stopped working. Strange. Dictatorship is it? Perhaps I should take this up with the government too, I'm being ostracised because of my disability. Sad times :(

And your disability is what ... don't tell me, lemme guess .... dys 'fackin' lexia by any chance???

The fact it gets no reply from you Pete doesn't suprize me. I have made my point. Your reply would be along the lines of how I'm wrong, and you are right. Which is fair enough. As this is a debate. I wish you didn't side step this issue though.
Doesn't surprise you eh?
You know me then?
You've met me how many times?
Ahhhh, you are gonna suggest you have read some of my posts and on that basis you are not surprised ... of course........must be them 9000 posts I didn't reply to then ... that gave it away then.
The only people I ever deliver the 'I'm right, you are wrong' response to are, the people I have either no time for, or no respect for.
If you care to look through the majority of my posts, you will see, I take a lot of care to respond concisely and as rationally as I can.
I don't sidestep issues, I sidestep idiots and people I have no respect or time for, generally the aforementioned.

As a respected member of paintball. And the federation head man. You must understand where we are coming from. I find it hard to believe you haven't ever been in this type of situation before, you may have. you must have been angry. Wishing you could sort it out.
If I ever believed this situation was a problem to be sorted, I would treat it as such but idiots like you however judge the reffing problem as systemic.
if it gets that far, the board will deal with it accordingly but talking about all this now is complete BS and aca'frikkin'demic.

You are one of the most powerful men in the federation to a degree. You own the forum's which ever baller user's from day to day. You shape how everyone see's paintball from an online prospective.

Your a very blunt person, a very load voice on here. Alot of people see you as a paintball god. There for defending you, and suck up. I dont blame them. You would be great person to have on anyones side.
I can't even be bothered to respond to this drivel because it has no point.

But this marshal bashing isn't like the normal marshal bashing though. This is a serious issuse. Which i feel your shying away from.

I will reiterate, I DO NOT shy away from issues, I shy away from idiots etc

Maybe the Federation should start up a training course. Maybe take some action instead of saying everything is fine
I don't believe anybody from the board is saying 'everything is fine' but for god's sake, this is our FIRST event .... I am getting tired of this, I am getting tired of dealing with people like you, people who would rather labour on boards like this trying to score silly meaningless points.

Thank GOD you are in the minority and I take heart, most people enjoyed the event and if they had problems, made a constructive point that didn't have a distorted perspective.

extremelimo

Apr 12, 2004
South Wales
allstretchedout.co.uk
Fed

John if you walk from this you let the idiots win, you watched me like a hawk when I played, as I said I had a terrible day of X balll, your calls to me were fair and even if sometimes your wrong Ive never abused your call and off the field I hope we are friends.If you walk Wendy will have lost a hard but fair marshall, all for some scum who would not even consider the job. What would they do if they took the abuse you did all day, probably start fighting.
Stick with it and show how a civilised person acts in the face of pure arses
Simon

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
And so...let's take a deep breath and acknowledge one thing, and if it's the only thing we do acknowledge from this whole fiasco of a thread, it should be this... the little sh!t who started this whole problematic discussion and abuse, is pete fooley, a person whose team threatened and abused the refs ... a so-called 'professional' team ... as to why they threatened and abused the refs?

These 'professional' players didn't agree with the ref's decisions, this was the basis of their actions ... and we have other people on here defending them .... go figure .... :rolleyes:

I find it incredulous that people like jf, randy t and jamierogan spend more time popping at me accusing me of being unprofessional and the like, and yet say nothing about the physical threats of violence aimed toward refs and verbal abuse by fooley and his team of ingrates.

I think it says a lot about the character of these people (jf, randy t and jamierogan) if we consider this point ...

Thread closed

Status
Not open for further replies.