The Home Of European Paintball

Fed Player Suspension Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant_UK_Refs

Platinum Member
Nov 13, 2008
Tameside, Manchester
Its pretty much public knowledge anyway; Jamie Beadle, that being said he is genuinely a really nice person off the field, and gets on with a lot of people.
Nice guy off field he may well be, but that doesn't excuse what he did. It's the same with quite a few ballers all over the world, nice and approachable off the field, but once the hooter goes, it turns them into a raging lunatic. Prime example is the infamous Chris Lasoya incident playing against the Miami Raiders (for which Chris did openly apologise for) Chris is an amazing guy off the field and has always takes time to chat to players and pass on advice. But, and he will readily admit himself, as soon as it's game on, he just wants to hurt people. Watch CK1 and you'll see what I mean. If you puul sh!t like that, you've absolutely gotta hold your hands up and take what comes your way.

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
i dont know the guy well but have talked to him a few times but in my opinion (which i think i will get sh!t for) is people should stop throwing abuse at him.
yes what he did was very wrong and damn f*cking dangerous but to have abuse thrown at him over a public forum is a bit harsh (dont think harsh is the right word but cant think of anything else at this moment in time)

but yeah for what he did i dont think a 3 month ban is enough since he's had prior offences and it was simply uncalled for....
but as i said i think people should lay off the insults.

im sorry if you dont agree with me but like i said its just my opinion.

Cook$

Just the tip....
Jul 7, 2001
Championsville
Oscar Wilde once said "The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about."

Guys, flame on.......

Bambulus

Wreckballer - PMGWC#2
Nov 13, 2008
that special place.
www.leekspin.com
but to have abuse thrown at him over a public forum is a bit harsh (dont think harsh is the right word but cant think of anything else at this moment in time)
Inappropriate?

i dont know the guy well but have talked to him a few times but in my opinion (which i think i will get sh!t for) is people should stop throwing abuse at him.
yes what he did was very wrong and damn f*cking dangerous but to have abuse thrown at him over a public forum is a bit harsh (dont think harsh is the right word but cant think of anything else at this moment in time)

but yeah for what he did i dont think a 3 month ban is enough since he's had prior offences and it was simply uncalled for....
but as i said i think people should lay off the insults.

im sorry if you dont agree with me but like i said its just my opinion.
I get what you mean. I've never been to a tournament, or even played competitive sup'air, yet I know his name and (most of) his antics.

But, unfortunately, doing the stuff he does builds a reputation that's hard to outlive - and people are bound to talk about it. He has to deal with the consequences of his actions. I'd damn well expect to.

edit:: Oh, and don't apologise for throwing your opinion out there. People are always bound to disagree, don't worry about it.

Oct 5, 2002
Sauf Koast
He should have been banned at the NSPL, then at the super fives. As people have been saying i find it hard to work out how such a big dick starts swinging from his forehead as soon as he goes through the netting as he is a sound bloke the other side.

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
1. Interesting that physical violence using your fists after provocation warrants a full year ban and using a paintball gun as an actual weapon only deserves 3 months.
2. If the ban is not ratified by the Millennium committee then in reality it is only a one month ban.
3. Strange that there has also been no comment from his team or team sponsors either, but I suppose it's a private matter for them to deal with.

I also mirror previous comments referring to the conduct on and off the field. Pressure of playing gets to some people in weird ways.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Prime example is the infamous Chris Lasoya incident playing against the Miami Raiders (for which Chris did openly apologise for) Chris is an amazing guy off the field and has always takes time to chat to players and pass on advice. But, and he will readily admit himself, as soon as it's game on, he just wants to hurt people.
Chris is a good friend of mine but before we became good friends, he overshot the hell outa me in a tournament in the Astrodome in Toronto; I wasn't really amused because the game had hundreds of people watching and so I felt a bit as though he had mugged me off.
And so after the game I went up to him and made my position quite clear, he realised quite quickly that his position [standing up] was becoming increasingly less likely ...... he defused the situation by apologising profusely and at that point he pretty much took the wind outa my sails.

If that apology had not been forthcoming then violence would most certainly have ensued and I woulda got my ass thrown out of the event and we woulda both been made to look like ridiculous morons, and rightly so.

Point being, sometimes the behaviour on the field extends to the post match arena ... and when it does this, it can go up a few notches very quickly and begin to get real serious for those involved.

With this in mind, it's worth bearing in mind just how all this cr@p came about; somewhere in the mists of paintball time, and I am pretty sure it begun in the pro ranks Stateside, a way of thinking arose that it was somehow cool to eliminate players by over-shooting them as some form of punishment for a perceived crime ... that crime was altogether personal and may not even have been anything against the rules but nevertheless it opened the door to such behaviours; and that behaviour included overshooting players, and in the more dangerous cases, focusing on the head as the 'supreme' retribution.

Once the Yank pros had adopted this ethos of play, it wasn't long before the filter down [to amateurs and novices in the US] and the filter across [the Atlantic] became apparent ..... people love to emulate what they perceive as the top bad boys and they think if they copy such behaviour then it identifies them with those top Yank pros ... it doesn't at all, people just think they are the stupid little as$hole they've always been.

As for this guy in our midsts, I don't give a sh!t that this kid can allegedly 'play ball'; to me, that's even worse because it means it's a waste of a good player when his personality would have him trying to hurt fellow players in such a way...... it's just insane, stupid, immature and moronic.

If anybody needs reminding of what shots to the head can do, one of the best known individuals in our sport, and certainly one of the best guys you could ever meet, once shot a guy in the back of the head whilst playing, and the consequences were fatal.

I am not gonna name the person who did it [100% accidentally] because I wouldn't want him to be reminded of this if somebody mentioned it to him because of this post and it also serves no purpose anyway but it just goes to show ... dire consequences are but a roll of the dice away .... a sobering thought I'd hope for anybody, well anybody with a brain that is.

Playing with people's health [and in some cases lives] by shooting them in the head just because you wanna look like some sort of tough guy [which this idiot most certainly isn't] or you wanna be thought of as some bad-boy pro player, has to be stamped out .... one final point here ... we .. that is the paintball fraternity in which we all inhabit, will be judged on the way we conduct ourselves; part of that judgment will always be in looking at the adjudication structure we have in place, that means the rules we abide by and the adjudication processes we have in place for dealing with players.
We have to have the approriate rules in place that cover idiots like this guy and we must also use those rules to impose punishments that reflect the severity of any rule that is broken.
If we do not impose appropriate and reasonable punishments then you will ultimately have a sport that has no active deterrents ... and when this happens, the inmates rule the roost ... in fact, I'll change that to the 'ingrates rule the roost'.

Now if this guy likes hurting people. he should take up boxing or cage fighting or whatever ... I tell ya one thing tho, it has been my experience that the people who do this sort of crap are sniveling cowards when it comes to real violence, that is violence that is bi-directional in the confines of something like a boxing ring.
These type may like the thought of hitting people but the prospect of being hit back tends to make them darken the lining of their underpants ..... typical ... :rolleyes:

Let's get this crap out of our sport .... it's just another flushing of the paintball toilet!!!

Reactions: Ant_UK_Refs
Status
Not open for further replies.