Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

FINALLY! BrassEagle made something that didn't fall out of their ass!

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
True it doesn't hold quite as much paint but can't say I've noticed a problem.

The Ricochet bit does indeed work, only problem i've had is if it bounces off the inside it whizzezz straight past your ear which is a little disconcerting. It also can give you a false sense of security when leaving your hopper out on a snap shot.

Overall, very impressed. it uses 1 battery for every 4 my Rev does. and the game timer is worth it alone as I have lost 2 JT GOT's!

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Originally posted by KillerOnion
Well, I think the idea is kind of like a Stealth bomber's shape. There are flat surfaced, but angled so much and so many ways that no significant percentage of shots will ever hit them directly straight on. Only time and testing will tell if the Ricochets are actually good at what they say they can do.
Hey want to know why Stealth bombers are all angled facets?

Because when it was designed they didn't have the computer power to calculate radar deflections with curved surfaces! I've heard now that actually correctly calculated freeform surfaces would be more 'stealthy' to radar.

The idea that the richochet will lead to more bounces only holds a small amount of water for side on glances from the front. Many of which would then go on to hit your goggles. I think it's shape is more down to the fact the guys designing it didn't have the CAD/ability to create freefrom surfaces and to hype.

manike

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
The bounce thing is true.

If you were to take a top down view, one side is usually at a flat angle to any oncoming paintballs. With a curved suface, there will always be a greater surface area which is more at right angles.

That's not to say I haven't had hopper hits, side on it makes no difference whatsoever.

One thing though is with high end paints like Hellfire/Imperial it make no difference as the paint breaks anyway. If you play teams shooting Zap, Victory or low grade Blaze then yeah - it does piss 'em off :p you get loads of "I know I hit your hopper" and you reply "yeah you did"

RobJenkins

Watch this space!
Jul 6, 2001
Manchester, UK
If we are going to go all technicial I think it is about time I point something out.

A stealth bomber (b2) does not rely on angled facets to deflect radar it relys on continuous curvature.
A stealth fighter (F-117) does rely on angled facets.

So the ricochet is like a stealth fighter.

The stealth bomber does deflect radar better than the stealth fighter but I don't know continuous curvature would apply to paintballs or not.