The Home Of European Paintball

Getting Air Bottles Tested

guppy

Banned
Apr 3, 2002
Maidstone, Kent
Visit site
Another thing...

Sorry to add atwist to an already complicated issue...If i were to take my marker/hse air bottle to the USA am i going to encounter problems there? Do they have red tape over non-US regulations as we do here, even though ours are a higher standard...for instance i would have to get it filled out there, would they refuse if its HSE and not DOT?

Mark

UK Cougars
Jul 9, 2001
England
www.ukcougars.co.uk
No you wouldn't have any problems unless you decided to stay and become an American 'cos they extend the same curtesy to us as we do to them regarding the use of the tanks.

Its just an accident of birth that stops US (the UK) use DOT tanks.
easiest way is get an AIR cos that has both tests done on it...why do you think WDP did that (for fun)? It is simple marketing that way they have a product that can be sold the world over and only one product line to keep in stock (no back orders etc).

I go to the states every year and as long as the tank is in test they fill it...'cos I don't hold a American passport they don't say no...same applies if I used a DOT tank over there (did that the first time I went, it was borrowed from a Canadian who was guesting for us).

Hotpoint

Pompey Paintballer
By personal request I have dropped in with my UKPSF hat on:

I wish I could quote chapter and verse on the regulations but it is my understanding that it is the filling, not the ownership or use of DOT bottles that is prohibited except for visiting foreigners

Brits using DOT and filling from the air supplied there will totally invalidate the site insurance which is why nobody allows the things as a rule. If a DOT was to go BOOM then legally the operator would be in a world of hurt

US standards for Tanks aren't as high as they are on this side of the Atlantic which is why the rules are in place.

Whilst a literal reading of the regs would allow you to fill your own tank I'd pesonally hate to have to try and argue that out in court if the stuff ever hit the fan.

BTW. I'm not entirely sure if the testing of DOT's would invalidate the insurance of the testing body. I think it might... and the insurance company would definitely try to argue the point in order to escape paying out on any accidents

I'll try and get a definitive answer for you all. I'm currently at work and can't slope off to get it at the moment but I'll try to get back to you ASAP

I know nothing...

But it seems to me that an out of date HSE bottle is the same as a DOT bottle they both need testing to pass HSE standards to be used in this country. The actual bottles themselves are physically the same (though the DOT may be of lower standard).

If the DOT bottle fails the test then drill a hole in it (btw doesn't failing the test destroy the bottle...)

That's the way I see it, but I may be completly wrong

Richard

p.s. Cube, that cocker's sweet!

Cube

M2Q'd eblade or the LV1...decisions, decisions
May 4, 2002
Warrington
Originally posted by Philip
It is very sexy, i saw it last night :D :p
You've been seeing my cocker....the two timing bugger.

You lavish attention on her, spend all your money on her and you get two timed.

Phillip outside NOW!!!

;) :D :rolleyes:

DARREN

Semi *** member
Jul 6, 2001
Bristol
TESTING

Hello mate
had a similar problem last year the tank I bought was a 1.9 ltr 3000psi composite ,I thought ! with no DOT /HSE mark at all ,so to cut a very long story short I got hold a a guy who tests tanks of all shapes and sizes and makes for just about every one in the south of the country.He very kindly picked up my bottle from my local dive shop,it turns out the bottle was a 3000 psi (207 bar) 2.37 ltr tank made by S.C.I. in America after lots of phone calls he managed to get relevant data to test the bottle not before He and I went through the "Spanish Inquisition" on how the bottle got into the U.K But at the end of it all I have a Legal to use tank
which feeds my Shocker 2k for over 1200 shots .
Now I`m not saying yours will be this easy especially if you have only D.O.T stamped or printed on your bottle but give me a ring and I`ll try and help !
07789 221 289 Darren