Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

How many Pump Players are there

Pumpmaster

Dec 14, 2008
Redding Ca. (Nor-Cal)
Hello guys, sorry it took so long to get back to this thread. My computer has been down. Anyway just wanted to post up a link to some pics of the pump day I put together and we had a couple of weeks ago at Davis Paintball in Davis California. http://tilerite.biz/Paintball/DavisPumpDay1-10-09/index.html

It turned out even a little better than I had hoped. We had 83 pump players show up for the day. And there were at least 20 more that Ii know personally that did not make it. Our Next one will be on March 28th.

Pumpmaster

Dec 14, 2008
Redding Ca. (Nor-Cal)
would really like to get into pump games tbh, but not sure how to go about it really had a look at some ccm kits and that but couldnt really find a place to buy em,
Here guy, let me help you out with that. I am sponsored by CCM. Bill (the owner) and Rod( lead tech) and Melissa ( in charge of sales and marketing) are all good friends of mine and the CCM factory is only about 10 minutes from my house here. So anyway if you or anybody else here in the thread or fourm need something from CCM, please call Melissa toll free @ 1-877-412-6850 or go to chipleymachine.com. That may kick you to their e-bay site where you will be able to find most of their stuff also. If you do not have a credit card and want something from them, pm me and we will try to work something out for you.. If you do contact them, please let them know "Old Man" james sent ya their way. They'll get a kick out of that.

Pumpmaster

Dec 14, 2008
Redding Ca. (Nor-Cal)
We should have a pump owners society, and have numbers in our sigs e.g. "Pump owner #1"
This is a very good idea. I have started this here in Northern California. What I have is a contact list of people,their e-mail addys, and location(town they live in) and or phone number if they do not have a e-mail. This way like for our up coming pump day and events, i will mass e-mail to everybody I have on my list and call the rest.

Pumpmaster

Dec 14, 2008
Redding Ca. (Nor-Cal)
Somewhat happened to pump around here. As little as 3 years ago you very rarely saw a pump, but now it is not uncommon to have more pumps at a field than semi's. if you guys run across people that show even a little interest at the fields you play at. Please do not hesitate to loan them your pump to play a game or two with. There have been days when I take my pumps to the field and may only get in one or two games all day from loaning them out. That is the least I can do to promote the pump part of paintball. If you can get enough guy together, entry some semi events with your pumps. We do that all the time. We event took our pumps to Orlando Florida this year to World Cup in the Masters Division. You may get beat up on some, but all it takes is the exposure to get people talking and interested. And as for piggybacking larger events. If there is a semi tourney close, see if they would attach a pump division, both the NPPL and XPSL did it this year here in the states.. Like I said , if there is anything I can help with, I will if I can..

I'm there too if any happen.:p

Pumpmaster.
The problem we have here in the uk is that the Semi decimated the uk pump scene and basically all walk on's are semi owners.
Only a few eccentric die hards still own and run pumps, and due to the lousy transport logistics of the uk, getting all these eccentric's to meet in one place for a game is a nightmare, but maybe it'd be possible to piggy back some pump games off the back of some larger events?
A lot of players still own pumps but they're tucked away in loft's and garages never to be seen again........unfortunately:(

I miss playing pump, as the style is just so different and unique:)