Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

msn hacking

You sure your friend isnt trying to tell you something sending you penis enlarging sites???

Ill be serious for a moment:

Its likely there is a program active on her computer thats sending the messages for her.

She needs to do a scan to find out what she has.

A good start is
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/index.html

Both those sites have simple to use scanners, they are easy to install and once they pick something up the program can try and stop it or at least give you some good information on how to stop it.

John

Michael Merola

bust 3 hoppers in 1 day!
Aug 17, 2004
Milton Keynes / Birmingham
Can people stop mentionning firewalls as your confusing the man. The firewall will do nothing as you ALLOWED MSN to go through ur firewall....nothing to do with that.

If your still getting the problem after doing scans (using decent / recognized programs)...boot into Windows Safe Mode and do the scan again...see what it finds.

Again if problem still remains, start > run > msconfig > startup tab - look for anything that doesnt really have a real command / location. This lists all the programs which run when windows boots up. Wouldn't play about with it too much if you don't know what your doing though, just for anything out of the ordinary. Post up here if ur unsure what to uncheck.

Mike

zipatronic

I Want That One
Oct 4, 2006
Derby
i know what im doing she hasnt got a clue! ill send her the stuff john c said and see if that helps her.

SwissTony

Pyrotechnic
Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Can people stop mentionning firewalls as your confusing the man. The firewall will do nothing as you ALLOWED MSN to go through ur firewall....nothing to do with that.
The firewall I run, monitors suspicious activities, like 1 program interfering with another program.
Nod32/kaspersky and Zonealarm pro ftw

topchef

'Hotgun Al'
Feb 22, 2006
Broseley, nr telford,nr birmingham
The adware is called doctor something if i remember correctly, and youll have to properly search your computer to get rid of it all
I think the adaware/spyware thing your on about is called 'doctor watson debugger' or something similar. I had the same problem and got it fixed quite easily. As far as I'm aware its an old problem and can easily be remedied.

(that is, if its the same thing:eek:)

-ChEf

Again if problem still remains, start > run > msconfig > startup tab - look for anything that doesnt really have a real command / location. This lists all the programs which run when windows boots up. Wouldn't play about with it too much if you don't know what your doing though, just for anything out of the ordinary. Post up here if ur unsure what to uncheck.

Mike
This is a good one. Probably worth doing before any scans.

Many of the program names will be self explanitory.
EG mine has Skype, Microsoft office, and a couple of programs related to my hardware which contain the name of the manufacturer (eg Nvidia Motherboard control panel)

If you see any in there which you dont understand, type them into google.
If its something you need, or something you really dont want, google will tell you.

Dicorpo

Feb 17, 2006
I think the said friend was worried about whoever this hacker is, or whatever this virus is, having access to sensitive info that's held on PC's. Such as bank passwords, account numbers, paypal passwords and other such nice things that dishonest people would cream over.

Worst case, there's a keylogger on your pc, logging everything you type, and with this they get passwords to msn, account numbers, bank and paypal and other niceities.

Most probable scenario is, as was previously said, there's a trojan on your system spreading itself through your address book. Get rid ASAP, Norton is nice, as well as those above mentioned freebies i.e. AVG/AGV i forget lol.

Just run a thorough scan, quarentine the blighter and go about having fun on the net. If there's something more about it, such as money going missing, change all your passwords for everything on a different, secure system and conctact your bank's fraud unit to have the money credited to your account.

-Corpo

Michael Merola

bust 3 hoppers in 1 day!
Aug 17, 2004
Milton Keynes / Birmingham
I think the said friend was worried about whoever this hacker is, or whatever this virus is, having access to sensitive info that's held on PC's. Such as bank passwords, account numbers, paypal passwords and other such nice things that dishonest people would cream over.
Don't store stuff like that on your computer, common sense here. Same applies bank pins, would you write that down and keep it in your wallet / put it on your phone (like some people do) - common sense.

As for a key logger, you are reading too much into this. Key loggers are very hard to use and make the most of. No offence meant here but they would not bother with a normal every day person, they target big firms to get information which they can sell on. Not to get your paypal password and get a couple of hundred quid.

Mike

Dicorpo

Feb 17, 2006
I'll take your word for it, you obviously know more than me, i was just spitballin, i have had a keylogger b4 and they did lay waste to my bank account :( I didn't keep info on my pc, but when i logged into my internet banking to check it out, they logged my pass and pwned it :(

Just wanna cover all the bases lol

If all else fails, save anything u need to a flash drive and format all hard drives! That's what i did lol

-Corpo