Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

N. Korea's nuclear testing.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Thoughts? Is their diminuitive leader a big enough nutjob to use them?

Could the US be accused of being the pot calling the kettle black, after all who's to say who should or shouldn't have nukes?

What effect is the testing having on the planet?

Any thoughts on it, keep them relevant.......

Rider

scottishwarriors.co.uk
i don't think any country has the right to say another can't have nukes when they have them themselves.....

everyone should just get rid of the damn things and be done.

small scale testing has no real threat, especially when carried out deep underground. the buggers that shafted parts of the planet were really the americans with their testing in the pacific......

as for whether they'd use them - no. i doubt it. no one really wants to use them - it's a way of making a political stance. a bit like comparing c0ck sizes on an international scale!

Game

Doing men things to men in the woods atm
Nov 21, 2004
Dereham,Norfolk
iran is a good example no reason to use a nuke but every reason to own some

with the world oil resources running low in the future and allways the chance of anouther country with nukes blackmailing them

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
Someone said (I forget who) that it was most likely a show of power from one of Jong's underlings as he is ill and there will most likely be a power struggle for leader in the near future.

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
He wouldn't use them, it's just muscle flexing. Especially against the US, unless they decide they want to erase any trace of themselves from the map. The US have (I read about a year ago, so it may have changed) around 200 "peacekeeper" missiles at the ready, each carrying around 10 nuclear warheads, the payload of each single warhead being able to wipe an area the size of London. This is just one part of a broader stockpile/nuclear defense. North Korea's leader may be crazy, but he is not THAT crazy. Any nuclear attack against the US would end your homeland forever, no question. He would be more likely to use them against direct enemies like the south.

I think any kind of usage of these weapons, against anybody, is something the human race needs to avoid and North Korea's kind of action does not help to reduce the chance of that happening...

Smally85

Super5ives 2010 Champions
Surely even using them against the South would be risky, due to the possibility of fallout heading back into your face? You'd be limited to targets in the far south of the country and hoping the wind stayed in a preferable direction.

I've always been fairly happy to live with many countries having nuclear weapons due to the good old MAD theory. I guess when you put things into perspective, people are less likely to jump into a war with a country that has nukes due to the risk entailed, thus saving lives...

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
Nobody is taking the Korean mentality into account here. Similar in ways to the Allies fighting the Japanese in WWII, in that the Koreans would be the type of brainwashed enemy who WILL die to protect their country, and would rather die than lose.

Japanese mothers were known to jump off cliffs with their children, rather than face defeat, hence the reason the A-bombs were dropped. They couldn't be beaten by head to head fighting, they simply had to be completely crippled tactically.

RoryM

Jul 23, 2001
Luxembourg now
Visit site
N. Korea is desperately poor, but to keep the population happy with the leadership, political posturing is a major tool of the regieme there. KJI and his co-horts thumb there nose at America, knowing nothing will ever happen as they are basically a small ripple in the world pond.

The US are quite happy to let them goad all they want, it means very little, as China next door have far more to lose by N. Korea becoming involved in any conflict, winnable or not.

China will be the ones who eventually tell it's communist ally to pipe down and behave, but will have to provide fiscal aid to them to do it. N. korea avoids starvation for another decade or so and the process begins yet again,,,