Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

NPPL Super 7..The real deal!!

R

raehl

Yeah but....

Who are you going to pick to "independently" evaluate the teams? Are you going to trust the "independent official" to appropriately rate teams owned/sponsorred by the people paying his salary?

- Chris

Piper

Administrator
Nov 25, 2001
Planet Piper away from you freaks!
Millennium Refs!

Guys

Millennium refs get the following Period!
Food and drinks (on site only)

Like Steve said there were a couple of refs and I do mean a couple that got paid cos they are not connected to a team. Other than that the above is what happens at every event.

So on the basis of that PSP Refs are much better off cash money wise!

Chris you seem to change your opion from one post to the next. But you forget something. The teams are the paying customers they have a right to complain air there veiws etc. It is there right to do so.

The World Cup is the biggest event there is. But time and time again it is bad in some way. I remember 3 years ago the reffing was fine( as in the number of Refs per field). This year Crap!

Even a few of Aftershock said how bad it was. And they won the thing and Rennick owns them! So do they not have a right to complain? Of course they do.

Just MY thoughts

Piper

R

raehl

And...

You seem to be missing my point.

It isn't that people don't have the right to complain.

It's that complaining, by itself, doesn't accomplish squat.

Steve's particular methods aside, at least he's attempting to understand why things were the way they were and find a solution, as misguided as his solution may be. ;) That's one hell of a lot more valuable than "We were wronged!"

Don't like what you're getting for your money? Stop buying the product. The successful business is not the business that does what the customer says. The successful business is the business that does what the customer will pay for.

Now, maybe people would rather pay for a different product - that's where the whole S7 vs. PSP thing comes in - but we won't know for sure until we see what people ACTUALLY BUY, not what people say they want.

I suspect that there will be enough people who want each product that they both carry on just fine. That's a good thing, because with 2 different options, more people get a product much closer to their liking instead of everyone having to accept (or not) the only product that's offerred. Think of it like being able to choose between an SUV and a sports car now, whereas before everyone could either buy station wagon or nothing.

- Chris

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
And...

Originally posted by raehl

It's that complaining, by itself, doesn't accomplish squat.

- Chris
Don't agree with that. Complainig might not directlt result in change, but it does make the supplier of a product or service aware of faults in his product or service. What the supplier then does with this information, is a totally different matter. But complaining customers is the first step towards the possibility of change.

shamu

Tonight we dine in hell
Apr 17, 2002
Now-Cal
Internet Complaining

Does complaining (especially on internet message boards) make a difference? Of course it does. Companies improve their products based in part on customer feedback and complaints.

Look at the improvements in tournaments over the last few years. I think a lot of these improvements are a direct result of customer feedback via message boards that have developed in the last few years.

As an example, look at the thread from last years World Cup in the Gold Section. While the magazine coverage played a part in driving improvements, I think the responses on the internet also played a part by giving the players a forum to express their displeasure with the quality of the product.

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Thanks, Six

Originally posted by Baca Loco

yet PSP continues to ask for patience, promises to do better next time and say, gee, look what we already did for ya.

Chris,this statement right here explains alot of the problems that cause people like me to complain about the current situation...

PSP makes statements saying we promise to do better next time..But according to you,without an increase in prices this can never occur..So assuming your correct,why make statements that realistically can never be achieved??

If i go to a Diner and on the menu for $6.99 I get a burger,fries,and a soda thats what i expect..Are you saying that if my burger doesnt come i have no right to complain??Or are you saying that $6.99 isnt enough for all that food and until i pay more its not coming??And if the burger truck didnt arrive that morning then take it off the menu or dont be suprised when i lodge a complaint..I wouldnt complain if i got what was advertised and if its not feasible,dont offer it..

Now im off to the Diner....

R

raehl

I'm saying that if you don't get a burger, but go back to diner and pay $6.99 again, then no, you don't have a right to complain. You're saying you want a burger, but your wallet is saying the diner can still sell you fries and a soda for $6.99 despite what you're saying.

- Chris

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Originally posted by raehl
I'm saying that if you don't get a burger, but go back to diner and pay $6.99 again, then no, you don't have a right to complain. You're saying you want a burger, but your wallet is saying the diner can still sell you fries and a soda for $6.99 despite what you're saying.

- Chris

But what if its the only diner left to go??

But as i said in an earlier post,i wont go back until they get everything right,so my right to complain is valid then??

Wadidiz

EnHaNcE tHa TrAnCe
Jul 9, 2002
Stockholm, EU
Visit site
Who was it that said hell is the impossibiltiy of reason? Well here we are again:

Proposition: a reasonably decent major tournament can be put on for reasonable entry fees in America vis-à-vis consistently good officiating, safety, venues, prizes, scheduling, overall organization, etc, and it has been done for 3 years in Europe (for the most part).

Andy Piper, Baca, Beaker, Buddha, Headrock, Robbo, Shamu, Manike, TJ, me and a host of others (not that numbers make right):

"Sure, it can be done, it has been done and should be done."

Raehl [other names deleted by later edit] (figuratively, not literally):

"You're idiots to think it can be done + excuse this, excuse that. Don't complain, quit whining. Bend over and smile."

We: YES YOU CAN!!!

Raehl: NO YOU CAN'T!!!

What a way to end the year! Somebody wake me up when Chris comes up with some excuse or argument worth reading.:rolleyes:

Steve

NOTE: Edited later by me, Steve.

R

raehl

Here's one:

I'd like to see a comparison of the rental costs for a city stadium in Europe vs. a privately owned stadium in the US, especially after taking into account union-mandated labor wages and benefits at the private US facilities.

- Chris