Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Gadget - Well, that has taken me somewhat aback because at least one person has the balls to say what they think and to say what has happened with regard to barnett ... far too many people would rather swerve any notion of going public on their dealings with barnett than put it down in a forum such as ours.

I'm not gonna get dragged into anything to do with Valken here because Gino hasn't ever done me any wrong; on that note, Gino's no mug and will be well aware of what's going on.
I have absolutely zero intention of ever hurting Gino's interests, I'm no mug and I know the score but .... if Gino wasn't aware of what he's dealing with, he will be now.
barnett will undoubtedly follow his modus operandi and his effective position as an 'employee' will eventually jut up against his notions of his own self-importance.

Lee Wickham

Jul 7, 2008
I can say that nothing from Robbo's post has shocked me, and although I have no direct dealings with most of the people mentioned I'll take their words (albeit through Robbo's post) as the gospel just because of my own dealings with this individual...

I'm pretty certain that most people won't know who the hell I am so I'll start with an introduction.

My name is Lee Wickham and I was the founder of Shoreline Paintball, at the time I set it up it was a one man band that I ran from by home. I worked evenings and weekends on it around my full time job, with the aim of putting on the type of event that I liked to play myself.

I'll continue from the very beginning, in the very late 90's I played paintball for the fist time and loved it. I played several times at my local site and just wanted more so I got into playing walk-ons, where I found out about paintball forums, namely at the time it was 'The Walk-on Zone'. There I found out about scenario games and spent some time travelling north and South from Yorkshire to attend them. I played some fantastic games but I often found myself thinking, maybe if they did this different, or that different it could be better, at least in my mind. So I set about organising my own event and I'd like to think I went about it in a professional manner, maybe due to my full time work. Anyway my first event was called Armo-Geddon, Armo because the main sponsor of the event and of the team that I'd started to play for was called Armotech, which was owned and operated by the same people that later became BZ, guys that I still get on very well with.

After that first event I would like to think I did quite well on my own for a good while, I then made the mistake of asking the topic of this thread to join me...

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
I can say that nothing from Robbo's post has shocked me, and although I have no direct dealings with most of the people mentioned I'll take their words (albeit through Robbo's post) as the gospel just because of my own dealings with this individual...

I'm pretty certain that most people won't know who the hell I am so I'll start with an introduction.

My name is Lee Wickham and I was the founder of Shoreline Paintball, at the time I set it up it was a one man band that I ran from by home. I worked evenings and weekends on it around my full time job, with the aim of putting on the type of event that I liked to play myself.

I'll continue from the very beginning, in the very late 90's I played paintball for the fist time and loved it. I played several times at my local site and just wanted more so I got into playing walk-ons, where I found out about paintball forums, namely at the time it was 'The Walk-on Zone'. There I found out about scenario games and spent some time travelling north and South from Yorkshire to attend them. I played some fantastic games but I often found myself thinking, maybe if they did this different, or that different it could be better, at least in my mind. So I set about organising my own event and I'd like to think I went about it in a professional manner, maybe due to my full time work. Anyway my first event was called Armo-Geddon, Armo because the main sponsor of the event and of the team that I'd started to play for was called Armotech, which was owned and operated by the same people that later became BZ, guys that I still get on very well with.

After that first event I would like to think I did quite well on my own for a good while, I then made the mistake of asking the topic of this thread to join me...
feel free to continue Lee, you are amongst friends here.

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Wow,wow and just WOW !!!!

Whilst I have read your rants in the past Pete, everything you have ever written I have taken as 100% Gospel. I'm not looking to get the tag of being a ar$e licker, I'm of the opinion that there is always someone telling the truth and someone that likes to tell a few porkies !! And if you were the person in th wrong, why would you publicise it on your site under your name knowing the friends and family that you have in the pball community would be reading it and they would know the truth ??

I have been in paintball for 22 years and there's quite a few names that you have mentioned that I know or know of old, and so if you mention them I know you are all of the old school generation and persons that have a vested in the game and wanting it to grow or change. Why would you want to f&&k it all up ?

I have been to a few of tb events and whilst the paintball has been good, it's the promised extras and lack of customer care that has pi$$ed me off.

I made a decision a few years ago to not have anything to do with his events or organisations, and TBH since I made this decision I totally feel,I have made the correct choice.

This year I had been playing an event which I loved and the moment i found out it was changing hands to him I immediately told my team I would not continue playing, and from what I hear lots of teams "left" so I think the right decision was made.

The whole series has been a good read Pete and I only wish you had more to write.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Phil, and Gadget, you have both known me long enough to realise I would never swear on my kids as an assurance to what I've written, leastwise I hope you have.
I wasn't sure if it was appropriate and I'm of the opinion it's not really appropriate but if it means the difference between people knowing the truth or not, then I'll take that risk.
It's more important that people realise the truth concerning this guy than risk people not appreciating what he's all about.
barnett is just about the worst thing UK paintball has had to endure.
Everyone who has any association with this creep needs to seriously think about their reasons why.

Reactions: phil-boy
Status
Not open for further replies.