Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
@WarFighters : An interesting post though I'm gonna have to decline your suggestion of allowing barnett to soil this forum ever again.
He gave up any rights to be treated equitably in terms of coming back on here - his stench offends me.
He can stew in his own abuses right here on p8ntballer.com as people line up to tell their story.
At least he can't abuse or ban anyone on here and so I will give him exactly the same opportunity he gave them when disagreeing with him on his FB page or forum - he banned them or deleted them ...

@RobbieG1966: He has been treating customers like this for a long time - generally speaking, players who take issue with him on the phone or on forums subsequently get attacked by him and they either get abused or banned.

As I said in that first post in this thread, he acts the same way with any industry people who take issue with him and so I'm damned sure he does the same thing with his 'customers' ....

Sooner or later, this thread may well reach its critical mass if enough people feel as though they've had enough of him and post in this thread.
If the tipping point is achieved, we will hopefully rid ourselves of this self-obsessed megalomaniac or at the very least, clip his wings.

TRA Headshot

Old School
Mar 6, 2011
Cambridge
I was warned about doing a shoreline event by numerous people. Some well known names included.

I made a mistake and took a large group of mates to Zombieland. I was then very vocal afterwards of it's running and paint issues.
Tim's band of believers absolutely jumped on me, and then something absolutely amazing happened...... Tim said to ring him and discuss (or words to that effect after calling me a hater etc)
So I call up a few times..... Wouldn't take my call. Surprise.
Then Simon Cole contacted me and was very professional and offered excellent after sales regarding the paint. Now, I was very derogatory of the paint and I would like to go on record to apologise if this caused Simon any issues. I didn't even consider Simon when I ranted. It was Tim who I directed my hatred at.

Lesson learnt.

Reactions: Gadget

Lee Wickham

Jul 7, 2008
I wouldn't have thought so, Tim doesn't like taking orders from anyone... And he gave the same threat to me long before he even knew who Gino was...

Rebel Tackleberry

Mar 23, 2010
I have already stated this to Pete; I don't always agree with the way he goes about things, as sometimes sticking to verifiable facts gets lost in the emotion he has on the subject, but I do now totally accept that he is right about the character of Tim Barnett.

I also have an aversion to censorship and banning, which is one of the reasons I embraced Gadgets creation of the UK Paintball Facebook group, as it was becoming all too clear that there was really nowhere that people could have confidence that they wouldn't be deleted or banned for the most innocuous of posts that didn't toe the line of the owner or sponsor. Despite any personal feelings, that group always has been intended to be a place for all, but some won't ever use it as they just can't stand the thought of a medium they can't control.

As Rob has shown, with the hostorical links he posted, we have seen exactly how Tim Barnett treats anyone that dares to have their own opinion when it doesn't agree what he wants to see written about him and his company.

For us it all flared up back in 2012 after the Tippmann Challenge where we saw the way he treated someone he was supposed to be entering a business relationship with, someone we had introduced.

He subsequently made a very public accusation that me, Rob Gell and Dave Thatcher had stolen an event idea form him, using his usual cloak and dagger tactics of conveniently leaving out names where doing so would weaken the spin being applied. BY us standing up and telling people he was talking about us it cast doubt ont he things he was saying. People knew us personally and their own dealings with us conflicted wildly with the accusations being levelled.

When things have kicked off here in the past I've been one of those defending him, when I genuinely thought it was right to do so. However, I also look back and see the way in which he very cleverly manipulates people into doing what he wants. Depending on what suits, he is either a small family business being attacked by the jealous big boys of the industry, or the big multi-national event organiser and TV show owner.

I've seen him accuse players from NPF of fabricating the theft of a marker, on some pretext of being put up to it by NPF. I've seen him specifically state he aimed to harm North v South due to Tim Taylor having said something to him he took offence to. I've seen him rally up his followers with clever manipulation of facts or just outright lies.

When anyone has the gall to post their own opinion somewhere he doesn't have control over deleting or banning, he then ends up on some rant elsewhere about 'non-playing goobers', 'grotty bedsit keyboard warriors' or 'douche bags'. With the cult-like following he has it's just conditioning of those impressionable players who jump on that wagon to garner some kind of peer approval.

It becomes so cliche that it's laughable. As Gadget says, referring to 'that x character', intending to de-personalise the former acquaintance. Referring to 'non playing', just because they no longer play Shoreline games, in an attempt to belittle their opinion to players that are closed in the Shoreline game world. Calling them 'keyboard warriors in their dingy bedsits', when he knows well that he's referring to professional people living in nice homes, and then the joke of having teenage kids living at home repeating the mantra.

I've met a lot of good and intelligent people in this game and it does genuinely suprise me that some can't add the facts up themselves. Every time there is any drama it all centres around one particular person. Maybe they don't want to rock the boat as they know they'll be next? Maybe they are being bought with free stuff or concessions and keep quiet to keep those benefits? Maybe he's been great to them and they really think he won't ever turn on them? I really don't know. What I do know is that the number of people he craps on only increases, never decreases, and it seems to be a unique trait to Tim Barnett.

There is a growing trail of individuals and businesses that have all come to the same conclusion; the guy is to be avoided and they'd love to see the back of him. That's no accident, they have all got there through their own personal experiences with him.

My own opinions have only thus far really been expressed on my own Facebook timeline or via the statements on our team web site, but this seems the right time to put this out into one single place.

The guy manipulates people and has no issue with blatant lies for his own hype. He does it with events and he does it through different media. Only this week I've seen Dale Ford suckered by the whole 'I beat a guy up because he insulted my wife and that's why I can't get into the USA' tale. If anyone really thinks that you get denied entry to the US for an assault, especially one for which there was no conviction, then you really are gullible. It's just another lie as the truth is so much blacker and wouldn't be so glamourous.

No doubt I'll be called a 'hater'. Water off a ducks back. It's just another cult term to try and discredit anyone that actually has a real reason, based on experience and fact, for their opinion. I've had people telling me to let it go when anything gets said by me, but strangely enough I never see those same 'reasonable' people making one single comment along the same lines when Tim Barnett pops up on one of his rants and starts naming and insulting individuals with his lame terms.

This week I've again seen evidence of the general contempt he has for the same players he is always purporting to stand up for. When will they understand, he is a business. THEIR money pays HIS mortgage and feeds his family. It's fine though, he is his own worst enemy and ultimately he'll find there are just not enough people still blinkered enough to stand next to him.

'Warts n All' is part of the title that Pete gave his history series. Well, this appears to be the perfect opportunity for people to get it off their chests in relation to the subject of the final chapter. Believe me, there are more of them out there than you think.

I think, like many others, I wait with baited breath for the further revelations that Lees story is going to provide.

Status
Not open for further replies.