Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Opus Finale .... A Warts an' all Exposé of Paintball's Very Own Megalomaniac

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob 'tc' caine

Sep 29, 2014
I started paintball with Lee and I know most of the story. I haven't played much in the last 2 years due to kids and lack of time and cash, though am hoping to get into magfed, i've known lee about 20 years and would trust him implicitly, Tim Barnett is a total scumbag. :)

Reactions: Evil Rich

meanbeanz

Jul 8, 2013
Wow i just read all that lol. I have only been playing for a couple of years and apart from 1 game the games i have been to have been run by barnett to start off with i thought he was a sound guy then i started to witness things happening like the incident of partnering up with someone to create a game which then turned out to be a stitch up. The loss of BZ and LIPS at shoreline events which both companys i have had dealings with and will have a lot more dealings with when i have money again then there was the lack of shoreline games in the uk even tho he claims he is the biggest uk promoter. The loss of TCUK probably the only decent game he had but through it he lost a few good friends then there was another incident with last years sennybridge event being cancelled at sennybridge but at the last minute he rellocated it but never gave the option to refund people.

To me he is head his swollen far to much and he needs bringing down a few steps of the ladders and why do other companys like fat bobs stand by him surley they can see he is not good for buisness

NitroBall

SandStorm
Feb 20, 2006
Derby
Wow. What a read.
Hopefully enough people will see what he is like and he will vanish from the industry.
Got any magic tricks up your sleeve Gurks:) and stop growing old, play paintball !

To me he is head his swollen far to much and he needs bringing down a few steps of the ladders and why do other companys like fat bobs stand by him surley they can see he is not good for buisness
Looks to me like the guy is doing a good job falling off the ladder without any help.

I feel sorry for those whom had dealings with him, but not those who knowingly understand what kind of a person he is, yet still crawl around his feet.

Canon Fodder

Go to your brother, kill him with your gun.
Oct 28, 2008
Lancaster
We need to hear more from @Lee Wickham , I've been snooping about and he retired as director of Shoreline Travel Ltd, Shoreline Events Ltd and Shoreline Aberystwyth Ltd in Sept 2010 so I know there's something juicy there.

I'm really just an interested spectator though, not having a horse in the race and all.

klaus92

Play it like you mean it
I know Lee personally, heard bits and bobs, also another kettle of fish was opened with Pete ( a friend of mine and Lee) of Australian Petes Paintball...that wasnt good either. So a true alienater! or alien depending on how you look at it! And like you, Fodder, just an interested spectator though, not having a horse in the race at all.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I'm sitting on my latest post for the time-being - when I post it, it will strike a death-knell.
It's game over, toodle-pip, don't slam the door and good riddance, you had it coming as$hole !!!
I'm awaiting clarification on something and as son as I get it, I post !!!!!

Even the most ardent of barnett's little cabal of malcontents will find it difficult to be associated with him in any way after this comes out even though some of them are already aware of it.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
My exposure to Barnett has been limited to the promotional activities of his company as well as hearing opinions of events after the fact. I literally have 0 political motivations, I'm an independent player without any ties who loves a good scenario and walk-on.

I've been interested in attending a number of previous shoreline events over the last year or so (particually UWL) and as such I've followed their facebook groups. After questioning some of the prices listed during the promotion of their Citadel event I got banned from posting without any explanation, which wasn't very nice. Recently I was block/banned entirely by saying in public the new Valken mask was ugly (it is). Much of the info in Pete's post is new to me. I don't expect a lot of the people in paintball to all get on sunshine and rainbows, lots of alpha males trying to assert their authority against each other means that naturally people are gonna rub each other up the wrong way. But some of this stuff boggles my mind entirely.

I'm not sure what I have to add to the debate really, I just don't like seeing people like him being so disrespectful to guys who are legends in our young sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.