Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Paintball.. Why is it so addictive??

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
Ok..

i have a question, (and perhaps, deep down i know the answer.:D ) but id like to hear others views on it..

to keep it simple..

Why is Paintball so addictive??? be it tourney, or rec, once that bug bites you, your, ass belongs to the .68 calibre gun god!!

in many threads like "what would you give up paintball for??"
and "how long have you been paintballing??" amongst other threads, there is a fixed theme.. no matter what, people keep balling??
ive done it myself, suffered many hardships due to my addiction..

what do you all think?? why is it soo addictive??

I both marshal and play, and enjoy both of them, I have fun working since I get watch people have a good time, and I have been marshalling nearly every weekend for normally both the sat and the sun and I have once had some1 who didn’t enjoy the day. I also get to talk to people about getting into paintballing and the difference between woodsball and tourneys

As for playing, its the adrenaline, the 'will I get hit', or I need to move up on that guy/girl and get them, its the intensity and the fact that there is never a 'safe' place to be when your on the field, you always have to watch your back whilst trying to get to someone else’s, I don’t know, its just one of the things, you need to do it

but i sure as hell wont be giving it up soon
-Mat

Brightley

COOL AS ICE
Jan 25, 2006
Truro cornwall
Visit site
same as blokey above i play for a team and marshal, only started playing about 6months ago and the paintball bug has hit me HARD!! almost all my money is speant on training and torrnies, guess its just that amazing rush you get that is hard to match in other sports.

ladyboy

Pball & Poontang.Nuf Said
You cant compare it to any other sport. i mean that you have the gun whoreing side of things, buying upgrades for your kit and the like. It looks cool, simple but true, anyone who watches tourney for the first time allways is impressed at how cool paintball gear looks. You got the team/social side like any other team sport. Then obviously there is the adreneline, no one wants to get hit because it hurts but you are trying to inflict that pain on your opponent so the impetus to win is higher coz no one likes pain? ( well not everyone) I just find no other sport can offer the above in the same amounts or at all. its a border line obsession!

jotajotaZ

Feb 7, 2003
Spain
www.ninatoz.org
1.- Adrenaline

2.- I read once an article about tattooing. Apparently the pain you get while being tattooed triggers the release of enforphines (which are responsible of the brain's pleasure feeling) and that was considered one of the factors thah make tattooing addictive. Yeah, I also thought "paintball!!" after reading that ;)

storm1975

Jul 21, 2005
Manchester
Gotta agree with most of the above comments.
I love the social side of the game, the massive rush of adrenaline and the fact that you can shoot the hell out of everyone and have a damned good laugh about it afterwards.

Even when I've been lit up in a bunker I walk away with a smile! Maybe that's just a sign of insanity though :confused: