Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

UKPSF Membership

Mactoshdog

LIKES RED
Oct 12, 2008
North East, Sunderland
I think the only link that could be broken mate is the one between Mr Mactoshdog and Mr Reality ....but I did say 'could be' ....
no, no, it is.

on another subject..

(scroll to bottom for the summery)

i like what your trying to do with the whole governing body approach, but im wondering if there will end up being a "power struggle" of sorts, between UKPSF and other major tornements?

admitidly i havent being doing as much reasearch as i could, and for all i know they have joined under this banner, but using my main sport as an example: (trampolining)

the governing body is british gymnastics, and we had are own very firm and structured grade system, then along came europ and said "u cant do competitions outside of the UK, unless u do thing are way" now with the olimpics and such, we had no choice other than to give in,
but some how i cant see you "robbo" giving in, especially after how hard you have all worked on this.

To sum up:
will there be any competition for the role of "governing body"?
if so, what could happen?

cheers,
-mac

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
no, no, it is.

on another subject..

(scroll to bottom for the summery)

i like what your trying to do with the whole governing body approach, but im wondering if there will end up being a "power struggle" of sorts, between UKPSF and other major tornements?

admitidly i havent being doing as much reasearch as i could, and for all i know they have joined under this banner, but using my main sport as an example: (trampolining)

the governing body is british gymnastics, and we had are own very firm and structured grade system, then along came europ and said "u cant do competitions outside of the UK, unless u do thing are way" now with the olimpics and such, we had no choice other than to give in,
but some how i cant see you "robbo" giving in, especially after how hard you have all worked on this.

To sum up:
will there be any competition for the role of "governing body"?
if so, what could happen?

cheers,
-mac

There will always be power struggles of sorts going on no matter what stance or organisation you adopt.
As to how the other tournament promoters will view us?
I don't really care because I tell you this much, all those 'others' are the very people who helped create the problems in the first place.

I will say 'other's but there are some people like Mark and Rich (CPPS) who have seen the light and are pro-actively trying to promote paintball in the way it should be done and also actively seeking alignment with the federation.

The UK scene has but one chance, like it or not, that chance is in sole residence of the new federation.
And the reason it is the sole chance is because of the people we have on board and their positions within our industry...all the pieces are there, we just need to put them in place.

The federation are gonna do what the federation are gonna do, what others do, is their problem not ours.

B

Balls Out Promotions

From a promoter’s perspective, the Federation, as it is now called, was viewed with some scepticism and a little worry when we first set out. Obviously, being new to promoting events, having an untested venue and having invested significant revenue, we were not sure how this might work for us.

After a few days thinking about what was going on and discovering whom some of the people making up this Federation were, our minds started moving from ‘how is this for us,’ to ‘this might just save UK paintball and we better get our arses into gear’.

At this point, I should make it clear that Balls Out Promotions (CPPS) are not, nor have ever been, part of the Federation or sanctioned by them in anyway. Quite rightly, the Federation selected Wendy and Syd to run the sanctioned events in the UK this year based upon the successful tournaments they had been running over the last few years.

For us, the key was to look at developing a successful series but also to look at ways in which we could further promote our sport, and in some way reinforce the ‘new way’ for UK paintball. And before you cynics out there get too carried away, yes it is also a way for us to raise ourselves above the pulpit in the hope at some time in the future we will be recognised.

I better get to my point before I get a ‘holiday’ for posting an advertorial ☺

I know a couple of the people in the Federation, not friends, more acquaintances from ‘the day’ whom I trust to help bring back paintball in the UK; which in turn will underpin the success of our business and raise the quality of tournaments and events for the players in the UK.

We have no promises of inclusion or any expectation but unless we all start to pull in the same direction, we have no chance of sustaining this sport and therefore the industry and livelihoods that depend upon it.

Crass it may be, but does anybody seriously think that the Federation, whose membership consists of people whose income is based upon the success of this sport, are anything but motivated to make things better for all of us?

There is obviously a focus on Pete as the Chairman but I think it is all too easy to forget the other members of the Federation who have the skills, expertise and knowledge, along with the will to make this work.

In short, I’d rather be trying to run this business in this environment than the one that existed before the Federation and that’s regardless of inclusion or not. The Federation has forced us to raise our game and that’s good for you guys, the players, and the trade and of course us.

Evolve or Dissolve

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk

cheers,
-mac

My issue with this statement is because you have not done enough research then you failed to distinguish the difference between the UKPSF and the Federation

Bully

Jul 12, 2001
Rochdale UK
www.playpaintball.co.uk
Just confirm what has been said several times - There will be no power struggle between the UKPSF and the FED as there are clear lines of responsibility that have been agreed between all parties. There might be power struggles between event organiser – I hope not as that was part of the problem several years ago!!

The UKPSF is the governing body in paintball (even if some doubt this) and will continue to offer support to sites, trade, players and anyone who wants support. We will continue to manage the "players membership" and insurance scheme that is used by numerous players (about 800 at present) at several "affiliated events" (see the list on our web site) and by FED sanctioned events. Players membership covers lots of events not just FED sanctioned events.

The Federation committee will be looking after the tournament side (and I personally hope they will encourage involvement in both the scenario and walk on areas) with the support of the UKPSF and the paintball trade and hopefully the players who are the key to it’s success.

To squash any rumours - The UKPSF has not and will not be taken over by the Federation and Pete is not the "new" Chairman of the UKPSF (I doubt he would want the hassle) he is the Chair of the Federation. Also the player insurance is managed by the UKPSF and is not being taken over by the Federation. I know this sound like a rant - it isn't - I am just answering a few posts and e mails I have seen or had about the demise of the UKPSF in the last couple of days.

Hope this helps

Steve