Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X Ball Euro Update

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Just to let u guyz and galz know what's going on.
I just got off the phone from Laurent and it would seem we are going to go with X-ball for next year.
We are gonna have what looks like 8 teams, who are gonna be offered spots and will play X-Ball alongside the current Millennium tournaments.
These teams will not be able to play the Millennium and no franchises will be allocated for the first season, however start up monies commensurate with the entry fees of 6 Millennium events will be required, this has still to be worked out in detail.

It looks like 2 American teams will make each Euro tournament and no Euro teams are mandated to play Stateside unless of course they make the top four at the end of the season and will automatically be able to play in the finals in Orlando.

Sergei, along with Laurent, myself and Niall all now support this re-worked proposal and will all be working to finalise the finer points in the following weeks.

I suppose as far as Europe is concerned, this new package allows us to be in at the beginning on a near equal footing with the Yanks in terms of a constitutional responsibility.
The more difficult area of playing on an equal level with the Americans is up to us, if we work at it, then it is achievable.
Teams who ain't serious ain’t going nowhere.

We have a real chance now, Laurent has done a fantastic job in getting this done and made it accessible to us in a form that we are able to take full advantage of if we are serious about playing professional paintball in its most definitive sense.

What a fun year ahead :)

Robbo

Urban

Oct 31, 2001
Beds, UK
Visit site
Sounds like some of us are going to get to see some live X-Ball action... splendid.

Now we wait for the inevitable "Who do you think the eight teams are going to be?" thread... I'd guess Nexus is one but as I know nothing I'll leave the speculation to those who do know what they're talking about.

:cool: Urban

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Urban
Now we wait for the inevitable "Who do you think the eight teams are going to be?" thread... I'd guess Nexus is one but as I know nothing I'll leave the speculation to those who do know what they're talking about.
:cool: Urban
Where's the fun in that? How 'bout a list of the eight Euro teams that ought to be the chosen few? :)

Wolfi

Jul 21, 2001
Poland
www.paintball.pl
What countries will be chosen: UK, Russia, Sweden, France, .... who would feel the remaining spots. When the full information will be available. I'm just very curious about the xball Robbo and i'm reading every little post that you write aywhere about it ). I know that Poland is not on the top of the list (if anywhere) but we are deadly interested to see and maybe have a chance to make our team, even if not for this seson than for the next or any time when we get a chance.

Baca Loco

Ex-Fun Police
Originally posted by Wolfi
What countries will be chosen: UK, Russia, Sweden, France, .... who would feel the remaining spots. When the full information will be available. I'm just very curious about the xball Robbo and i'm reading every little post that you write aywhere about it ). I know that Poland is not on the top of the list (if anywhere) but we are deadly interested to see and maybe have a chance to make our team, even if not for this seson than for the next or any time when we get a chance.
Wolfi,
At this point it's not about national teams. It's about existing Euro teams regardless of country of origin. Tons Tons, RL, Joy, Ducklings, Nexoids, etc.

Damn Baca - you beat me to it...

.. curses to my slow typing skills, but since I spent the time....

Don't think it what country your team comes from would be the only deciding factor...

If you look at the previous Millennium rankings you might be able to guess as to who the teams invited to play might be - after Necks'R Us of course (sorry guys couldn't resist :) - better than Baca's "Nexoids" though)

Top Euro Teams in 2002 Millennium

1. Ton-Tons (Laurent Hamet - need we say more, but if we do let's also remember they have been one of the top Euro teams for ages & are adding new blood)
2. Russian Legion (Sergei & a tough act to beat)
3. Enemy (damn good group of players)
4. Mayhem Tigers (at this point the U.K.'s #1 team)
5. Ugly Ducklings (also been near the top of Euro ball for a while)
6. Joy Division (this is a tough call - they have committed to both the Super 7 and Millennium - who knows if they can keep up the intensity. Maggot is also a promoter....)
7. NBK (again who knows if they would find it interesting/possible)

then comes the rest - in no particular order

Shockwave, Worms, Ignition, Hardcore (just up from amateur), Camp Tigers etc...

goose

P.S. Happy Holidays to everyone in coloured projectile land...

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Damn Baca - you beat me to it...

Originally posted by goose
.. curses to my slow typing skills, but since I spent the time....

Don't think it what country your team comes from would be the only deciding factor...

If you look at the previous Millennium rankings you might be able to guess as to who the teams invited to play might be - after Necks'R Us of course (sorry guys couldn't resist :) - better than Baca's "Nexoids" though)
Top Euro Teams in 2002 Millennium
1. Ton-Tons (Laurent Hamet - need we say more, but if we do let's also remember they have been one of the top Euro teams for ages & are adding new blood)
2. Russian Legion (Sergei & a tough act to beat)
3. Enemy (damn good group of players)
4. Mayhem Tigers (at this point the U.K.'s #1 team)
5. Ugly Ducklings (also been near the top of Euro ball for a while)
6. Joy Division (this is a tough call - they have committed to both the Super 7 and Millennium - who knows if they can keep up the intensity. Maggot is also a promoter....)
7. NBK (again who knows if they would find it interesting/possible)
then comes the rest - in no particular order
Shockwave, Worms, Ignition, Hardcore (just up from amateur), Camp Tigers etc...
goose
P.S. Happy Holidays to everyone in coloured projectile land...
Goose, very good, go to the top of the class :)

Re: Damn Baca - you beat me to it...

[START THREADJACK]

Originally posted by Robbo
Goose, very good, go to the top of the class :)
Damn Pete - that's the first time I ever heard that - usually it's "go stand in the corner - and don't come out until the rest of the class has gone home for the day".

Christmas did come early this year:) :) :)

All the best 2 U & the missus - look forward to 2003.

goose

[END THREADJACK]

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Re: Re: Damn Baca - you beat me to it...

Originally posted by goose
[START THREADJACK]
Damn Pete - that's the first time I ever heard that - usually it's "go stand in the corner - and don't come out until the rest of the class has gone home for the day".
Christmas did come early this year:) :) :)
All the best 2 U & the missus - look forward to 2003.
goose
[END THREADJACK]
Hey Chris, now I ain't saying they are all right, in fact, I ian't saying any of them are coz the final 8 have yet to be decided, but the judgement you used in selection was ......pretty good :)
Have a good Xmas Chris !!!
Pete

Wolfi

Jul 21, 2001
Poland
www.paintball.pl
I perfectly know that it should be the best teams from Europe to compeat in Xball. But the question ? If those will be the best teams in europe or representation teams from the countries that are highiest ranked for example in Millennium