Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

X Ball Euro Update

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Gareth, next time read the posts properly and it might save you some money in extended phone calls up north...and no, Junior won't come back....not in a zillion frikkin years :)
Robbo

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Merry Xmas Pete

Get your facts straight big man. Junior phoned me, to wish each other the best for Christmas and in a lighthearded chat were just talking what if's.

Such as what if X-Ball is exclusivly for the top 8 Euro teams, Nexus being unseeded is not one of them. Then we'll see just how short a time a zillion years is. :D

Merry Christmas and lets get British ball back on the map!

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Merry Xmas Pete

Originally posted by sykesg
Get your facts straight big man. Junior phoned me, to wish each other the best for Christmas and in a lighthearded chat were just talking what if's.
Such as what if X-Ball is exclusivly for the top 8 Euro teams, Nexus being unseeded is not one of them. Then we'll see just how short a time a zillion years is. :D
Merry Christmas and lets get British ball back on the map!
My My Gareth, what details !!!!!
But would u like to tell me the criteria for consideration ?
Nah thought you would'nt be able to :)
Think again young man !!!!

Robbo

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
cheers Pete

"the devil is in the detail" ie who phoned who and who said what, but thats by the by.

I doubt very must the criteria for consideration would be as simple as top 8 euro teams because of your involvment, don't do 'owt for nowt' (learnt that northern talk from Ju), but who has the cash money!.

Then again if this were the case then what stops my grandad and his mates from stumping up the cash, I guess it is invitation only.

Only problem is who sends out the invites?

When do we get ours, more importantly when does my Grandad get his?

Merry Christmas;)

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
cheers Pete

"the devil is in the detail" ie who phoned who and who said what, but thats by the by.
I doubt very must the criteria for consideration would be as simple as top 8 euro teams because of your involvment, don't do 'owt for nowt' (learnt that northern talk from Ju), but who has the cash money!.
Then again if this were the case then what stops my grandad and his mates from stumping up the cash, I guess it is invitation only.
Only problem is who sends out the invites?
When do we get ours, more importantly when does my Grandad get his?
Merry Christmas;)
True, it is by the by !

As for the rest of your post ?
Well, I doubt very much that it's all about money so you can tell your Grandad to stand down this Christmas.
And as for me getting for 'Owt for nowt', well, if Nexus did not exist, I would still be doing what I'm doing regardless.
And as for the invites, Laurent and Niall would I think be the people best suited for that.
And as to what teams get asked...we'll have to wait and see won't we ?
Robbo

sykesg

Smakin your Bitch up
Aug 22, 2001
London
www.mayhemtigers.com
Hi scutty

Pete, I heard a couple of rumours about Super 7's could you tell me whats hot and whats not.

Will teams playing X-ball and/or are sponsored by Diablo be able to play any super 7 events.

Cheers

TJ 2

Sep 9, 2001
Visit site
Dunno what Pete's heard but I have heard two rumors:

1 - Dye is contractually telling all its teams they have to play PSP events - however, there is nothing saying they can't play NPPL as well.
2 - Diablo will not supply its teams with paint to play NPPL events - however, they are not saying those teams can't play NPPL events

Neither of these is official, s'just what I've heard from fairly reliable sources...anyone from a Dye ora Diablo team know anything bout this?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Hi scutty

Pete, I heard a couple of rumours about Super 7's could you tell me whats hot and whats not.
Will teams playing X-ball and/or are sponsored by Diablo be able to play any super 7 events.
Cheers
Hi Gareth, well, it would seem as though the squeeze is being put on the NPPL by Richmond declaring that none of his sponsored teams will be given paint to play NPPL and Dave YB, I think has said that his teams have to play all of the PSP events thereby making it extremely difficult for any team so sponsored, to play NPPL Super 7's.
Now this ain't too surprising really and I would think that other PSP promoter/ Company owners will do the same.
Whether this is folly or not remains to be seen but what lies at the heart of all this is self-protectionism, pure and simple.

As far as Euro companies deciding on similar policies to their sponsored teams, we'll see what Joy Division wanna do if and when they get offered a place on X-Ball.

Paintball is fracturing at the moment, along lines that are more to do with personalities than anything else.
This situation is both good and bad because I believe it will make the tournament circuit a better place because of the competition but it can also dilute much needed resources.

The success or failure of the entire NPPL series depends on the success or failure of the first event.
If the first NPPL event rocks then it will similarly rock the foundations of US Paintball and leave a very interesting dilemma for people to try and resolve.
X-Ball further complicates all this as do all the inter-company alliances that so proliferate the hierarchy of the PSP.
Basically it's a frikkin minefield and the proposed NPPL series has now focussed their attention on what they can offer the paying customer, and this is exactly where it should be directed.
We'll see what they come up with !
Robbo