Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Eve Online:

joe6969

No Limit Bridgend
Jul 20, 2008
Swansea
i was gona try the free trial.. but i dont know if i could start another mmorpg, i wasted soo much time on the last 1 i played.

sumo89

Platinum Member
May 26, 2005
LANDAN
www.myspace.com
I played the trail, some of my mates play it and I was going to join them. Then I realised the learning curve is ridiculous, and I have a short attention span.

TEKLOFTY

You're in the jungle baby
Jan 7, 2009
In your sphincter
I played the trail, some of my mates play it and I was going to join them. Then I realised the learning curve is ridiculous, and I have a short attention span.
That is the thing that puts many people off sadly, the game isn't very conducive to new players.

Zorg

Platinum Member
Dec 21, 2007
Staffordshire, England
www.void-online.net
try playing X3, its not an MMO but it's the same thing as eve, except you can dogfight and control a fleet as opposed to a single ship. and you can build your own space stations and have them making you a fortune... i gave up playing as the controls are numerous.
Eve is to X3 what Noughts and Crosses is to Chess. :D

X3 is easily the greatest most in depth space game ever made, but it also has a learning curve like a brick wall that puts most people off getting in to it.

NSKlad

Pistolas y Corazones
Dec 9, 2006
Bournemouth
Had a mate who was introduced to it by the bloke who is now his stepdad...

Apparently he got shown it early in the evening, and kept playing until morning.

Always been slightly tempted to have a go, I just couldn't summon the funds or the patience. :eek:

I play this, not like eve but it's certainly engrossing and subtley tactical:
www.conquerclub.com

TEKLOFTY

You're in the jungle baby
Jan 7, 2009
In your sphincter
So is eve more about clicking skills and what not rather than actually being good at flying? Do you have to join in with people or can you "go it alone"?

Rather interested in having a go.
There are so many facets to eve i couldn't really begin to explain; skills are naturally a large part of it but more often then not tactics win out in - terms of pvp.

Bandwagon

Goldfish69 Photography
You can definately go it alone if you like, even if it is billed as an 'MMO'.

I started again a few weeks ago, and got to say that after the turgid crap ( can I say crap?) that was WoW, this is a breath of fresh air !

You can play this as you like ... hunting 'Rats' in Hi-security space if your a carebear, making your fortune blasting hapless bits of rock to smitherines via mining, sat on your arse playing the stock market or upsetting someone where, somewhere by blowing them up for no apparent reason !

The really nice thing is, that unlike conventional MMO's where you pick skills , insta-learn them then get a new skill next time you level up ... your toon learns it's skills in Real time. even when you are not playing your toon is actively progressing. The flip side is that getting very good is going to take quite awhile.

Anyways .. lovely graphics and a game you do not have to devote time to.