Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Quick question to all back players.

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
Ok, you are on a supair field and you are playing back right or left. Do you think you should spend more time shooting down the line or shooting across the field? I ask this because with my old team I was told to concentrate more on shooting cross field and shoot down the tape once a minute or so. However with my new team I am told to shoot more down the tape to keep them opposition on the tape busy with occasional glances across field. So I am just wanting to know what other back players do.

Cheers.

Tom Tom

Damn you ALL
Jul 27, 2001
Waterlooville
www.thinkingfortuesday.com
Being a fa....i mean back player;) I was always told to do the cross fire so that the opposition will run into a stream of a paint, back left shoots more right and vice versa.

Each team is different and each play is different, but to answer your question we do the cross fire to not only keep the back player down but give us a view on the field.

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
It's got to be very dependant on your team style & the individual players. I play centre back usually but am left handed, so find it a bit easier to cover our left tape, leaving the left back person to fire across more. Another factor we have to consider is which side our more aggressive front players are on - if you know your left tape guy is going to push hard & early then all the back line will concentrate more on the left at the appropriate time.
Cross field firing also means you have a better awareness of what's going on on the rest of the field, I'm sure we've all seen (or even been:( ) playersw concentrating so hard down their line they haven't seen the mug coming across the field.
What I will say is if there are only a couple of guys left at the back, you definitely need to concentrate on firing across the field rather than down your line, it's the only way you will survive.

Sid

Jul 10, 2001
God's Country
www.a1paintball.org
I would play the tape until such times as you feel there is alot of pressure coming down on you, always keep an eye on the inside of the field as well though and don't get tunnel vision. When you break to your left/right corners I would shoot the tape, it gets your marker in the game and intantly puts pressure on the front guys, also if you are trading with your opposite and you can see the paint coming in on you then just shoot inside, let the opposite waste time, money, paint, air...as you have a fag and a kebab at your bunker...

For more hints and tips see Sids webpage on www.I am the best player in the World.com

;)

Charlie

Back to Plat!
Oct 22, 2001
Norfolk
Visit site
Alright mate, would love to read the article however forgot to renew subscription in time to get it.:( I'll borrow Swooops though.:) What the hell are you doing teamless?? Thought you were still playing for Knights.:confused:

Simon Malone

Nov 30, 2001
Hook, Hants
www.nspl.co.uk
Crossing it up has to be more important. The tape is a very small angle compared to the cross field view. If your back player spends too much time watching his line the center becomes very easy for the other team to push into.

As a front player I find it much easier to make the fifty if the guy down my line is giving me hassle rather than the guy cross field. All you have to do is go low and in a straight inline with your next bunker. Where as if the guy in the other corner is giving you trouble you have one option. How fast can I run. I garentee it's not as fast as his paint:p

Obviously don't neglect the line:rolleyes: but look to spend more time crossing it up with your guy in the other back corner:D

Laters

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Crossing is, as everyone has said, the most important task because you cover more territory that way. Pretty much by watching and listening as to what is going on with the rest of everyone else you can figure out what the other one person you're not watching is doing...the tape can't just run out into the open randomly and not expect to get shot out by the rest of your team, can he? Usually not. There will be some effort on the part of the rest of his team to put everyone else on yours down so that they can go about their business. Pay attention to whose heads are being kept down and from where and you can tell what can happen, and chances are you'll be able to pick off their cover fire as they're out shooting but not at you. Often times you can tell what move is wanted because the cover fire will, if they have any coordination whatsoever, directed at who is most likely to see them and/or the intended recipient of a bunkering. Read the directions and think ahead so that when you pop out your barrel points directly at the persons shooting and you'll snag a gog shot or two nearly every time.

mole

Sep 7, 2001
hertfordshire,england
Visit site
pieman
our team up to now has had the corner players shooting the tape with only a glance in field to see wats going on
we are going to run some drills at the next training day to get us to fire cross field but it does need more covering fire and less kills and more comunication with the players in front of you
hope to see you at temple on sunday