Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Quick question to all back players.

Meyer

PLAY BOTH!!!!!!!
ITs important to work with your teamates on this one, because if one of your back players is playing an opponent head on, that opponent will naturally put his bunker directly between himself and your teamate. This gives you a better angle on an exposed pack or foot or whatever. On my team, the back players play their own tapeline defensively, that is, we dont go out of our way to eliminate players directly in fromt of us, rather we try to take out an opponent across the field who is playing your back player directly in front of him.
Also, if your back players are good at switching between tapeline and cross firing, then the oppositions front players will be much more timid about movement, fearing pressure from 2+ directions. This will "put them on their heels" and allow you front players some ideal bunkering oppurtunities.
Most importantly, TALK!!. Tell you team when your shooting straight or accross, and coordinate them. Work out codes that tells your back players to pick targets across the fields, so your team can effectively ambush the opposition in bunkers they thought were safe.

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
It's all a matter of what's available. Shoot at what you can see! I consider myself most successful if the other team doesn't move and doesn't shoot much. Sometimes if no one is peeking out I'll deliberately shoot at a couple of bunkers that I'm pretty sure that they're not in to try to get a reaction from the nearest player to it, making them think that I don't have a clue where they are (Sometimes I don't!) and getting them to take a risk like moving or poking out. Know what your front players' vulnerabilities are and do your best to keep those guys in and see when they're ready to take a shot at them. You learn from watching a lot of games that there's a certain timing to when it just seems like the right time for that person to shoot or move, then put paint where they will be. By resisting the temptation to simply hammer their bunker all day you allow them to come right out into your paint. Walk fields and watch games at every possible opportunity.