Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Whats up with the Preds?

Ms Bossy

wotever :o)
Aug 26, 2002
I have played the preds of yester year and have played the current preds, Marcus is back and has some talent on the squad old and new and is still looking for more, and has had i think two tourny wins under his belt so far, yes they were awsome in the woods but to say their decline came about the time of supair is not what i remember, in my opinion they adapted to air far quicker than any other team.

I don't think we should write them off yet while they are still in the starting blocks.

Good luck Preds
:D

Liz

Jan 17, 2002
Kent, UK
Visit site
Yes, Marcus is back
Yes, he's formed a team using the name Preds
No, it won't be the old original line-up
It will be a mix of older experienced players and talented youngsters

They've played about 4 tournaments so far, winning 2. Watching Marcus play at one of these, I reckon he's about 75% back to where he was when he stopped playing so far, which bearing in mind he's been out of the sport for many years is pretty good IMHO; he'll only get better once he gets back into things.
The plan is to spend this year building the team & getting used to playing each other, and start the push for serious results at major series next year.

This all comes from talking to Marcus (not seen the article yet).

Matski

SO hot right now
Aug 8, 2001
The team has serious backing, they will attract more good players and have their own land, xball fields etc to train on. Dave and Marcus have a philosophy of constant aggression and technical play, give em time.

Tonymicjoe

Master Blaster
To my knowledge, didnt PGI feature the Preds on the front cover winning the Hyberball in Birmingham 1997? Or some other top level concept event around the same time? I remember the massively tall dude, wearing the red, white and blue concept camo, running the flag back in the last game. Seems to me like the Preds adapted to the change in tournament paintball quicker than most.

The new team I have seen features Marcus, Dave Stewart, John Sosta and some very quick aggressive young guys from the Storm stable. The mix of young/aggressive and experienced/aggressive players seems to be paying dividends so far, and I for one wish them all the best. Another top team in Britain cannot do anyone any harm.

:cool:

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
no they haven't. Edit: actually come to think of it werent the Tigers at Dragons Lair?

From what I have heard from a couple of the players they are training ALOT. Within a few months this team will not be easy to play against at all.

Good to see em out there! :)

stongle

Crazy Elk. Mooooooooooo
Aug 23, 2002
The Wynn
Visit site
Well I hope they do open up a can whoop ass on a lot of the nasty little ASBO having sh*tes who have taken over Paintball.

Perhaps a nice dose of retro post game entertainment would be a good idea by giving em a good beating in the carpark too.

I wouldn't believe any hype I would read in any magazine.

They've got old hands aboard (giant black ones at that), they're offering a good deal (from what I've heard) to attract younger talented players and keep them, and a good training ground (d7's site I think).

It's most definitely not a reunion of the old squad.

Give them a few months with a full roster and we can then start hyping the team up.