Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Over a year on from SP...

snowythehobo

.::UKs Smallest Player::.
Jan 26, 2003
Engaland
www.teamapoc.co.uk
I cant remember the exact date but im guessing its just over a year since the whole Smart Parts fiasco started?

To me it seems like not alots changed, markers dont seem more expensive due to SP, only due to better markers?

When this whole thing started people were freakin over what was gonna happen in the coming year...
Am i right in thinking that not alots changed in terms of what we pay, and the sport?

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
Not alot 'seems' to have happened.......

But then we all know how long these legal things can take in the States... or over here for that matter.......

IMO, I think a lot has changed......

AGD has ceased manufacturing the e-mag and x-mag.

The Viking has ceased to be manufactured.

Let alone what we don't hear about over in the States....

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
your right in sense that gun prices haven't really been affected but then SP hasn't gone after the big guys yet really. They've done ICD and AK and a few others. But thats about it. Cases such as this one will take a long time to really progress because smartparts needs to set a precedent to really start their work.

One thing i am wondering though. If these smaller companies have decided that they don't want a court case, does that not make it all the harder for SP to set a precedent because in essence they have no grounding to put a case forward?!

Intheno

People's Supermod
Sep 18, 2003
Chicago (South Side)
Visit site
It will all hinge onthe WDP case. They are the only ones that can beat Smart Parts and everyone is waiting to see who wins that Battle. Everyone else has already rolled over, including National.

C-mon WDP!!!!!!
Lets see some blood!!

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Originally posted by Intheno
It will all hinge onthe WDP case. They are the only ones that can beat Smart Parts and everyone is waiting to see who wins that Battle. Everyone else has already rolled over, including National.

C-mon WDP!!!!!!
Lets see some blood!!
Thanks for posting that. I wasn't sure if that case had already been settled some way or the other. But as it seems it hasn't, it'll be good to see the outcome. Either way could turn out quite upsetting in the scheme of things. Any idea if and when this party will take place?

Mario

Pigeon amongst the cats
Sep 25, 2002
Location, Location.
Originally posted by Buddha 3
Not gone after the big guys? You must not have been paying attention....
NPS got served, but they came to a settlement. I'd say NPS is pretty big.

I doubt we'll see many courtcases.
my apologies when i said big i meant in terms of guns. I.E. top end tourney markers. e.g. WDP, Bob.

NPS is big but not in terms of guns at the top end of market - they got their silver bullet etc but not much else unless im rather uninformed...which is entirely possible

Buddha 3

Hamfist McPunchalot
Bob = NPS. ;) As a matter of fact, the paperwork for the case against NPS was handed to Bob Long right before he was to start an Xball game last season. Talk about sucky timing, and/or dubious ethics.

So I'd say they went after at least one big guy.
I can understand the confusion though.