Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Players Conference?

G

Gassy

I support this idea totally and don't really have much more to add other than...

If we want all the trade stands and companies to attend in numbers they will be looking to sell and promote their brand new kit and may not look too kindly upon a second hand stall diverting peoples funds away from them.

We need to give them every encouragment to commit to an event like this and the main thing that drives any company is sales annd promotion of equipment that will lead to future sales.

My 2p

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
I support this idea totally and don't really have much more to add other than...

If we want all the trade stands and companies to attend in numbers they will be looking to sell and promote their brand new kit and may not look too kindly upon a second hand stall diverting peoples funds away from them.

We need to give them every encouragment to commit to an event like this and the main thing that drives any company is sales annd promotion of equipment that will lead to future sales.

My 2p
Gassy's trump card has been played ................ and we have a winner :)

We shall place this idea on the back-burner but many thanks for the input guys.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
That's what I was saying (sort of). I know if I was a 'trade' stand that I would be miffed if someone was selling their 2nd A1 (for example) at half the price of my new one.

It's nice to see common sense prevail ;).

Oh, and who invited Edwards? :eek: :p!

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
This thread certainly makes some interesting reading - i'm sorry that i hadn't seen it sooner!

Here's are some of my thoughts to add to the pot:

Firstly I think that the idea of a UK Paintball Conference is an outstanding one. I don't think that it needs to be exclusively an event for just players though, as the industry as a whole could get a lot more mileage out of than that.

Having attended the Paintball Extravaganza in Atlanta for the past two years there are a lot of things that they do right (Tech courses, seminars, guest speakers, round-table discussions for field owners, good trade booths etc) and a lot of areas in which they could make improvements (ticketing system is always congested, trade booths are split between various rooms etc). My point is that we can learn from what Rick Chard has already achieved but enhance it so that it elevates UK paintball once again.

Timing (in my opinion) is crucial. October/November would be fantastic as most companies are in the midst of releasing new product for the upcomming season and as such i will gladly be petitioning the powers that be at Eclipse for us to be there showing off any new products that are available as well as running Tech Course for Dealers and Players alike on these products.

If this concept comes to life, and i can't see a reason why it wouldn't, then why not make it into a weekend whereby you can have a "closed" day just for the industry so that the owners/managers/salesforce/technicians of paintball stores and fields throughout the UK can come and meet the manufacturers first hand, talk directly about the products, pricing, availability and place pre-orders then and there leaving the second day "open" for all to attend and get the low-down on what's new?

I'm fully expecting some over-reaction here of why should one day be closed and the other open, well very simply the paintball industry have different needs to paintball players. From my point of view running tech classes for Dealers is very different to running tech classes for players as the content and the depth of detail that you go to on each one varies.

As for the bring and buy, swap-shop, car-boot sale approach - doesn't get my vote i'm afraid. Keep it professional and make it the must-attend non-tournament event of the European calendar. After all there's no reason why it has to be limited to the UK in the future if all goes well at the first event.......

One final point about the clinic that some people have mentioned. Whilst it's something i'm humbled that Robbo mentioned me for i don't think that it's appropriate at this type of event as i'm all about quality, not quantity. I'd happily pay to have a trade booth there promoting my clinics and taking bookings on the open day and would gladly have info available for anyone who wanted it, but as for any clinics being run at the event, lets concentrate on what's important first and foremost :)

G

Gassy

Fantastic post Mr Trutter,aslong as Mods get invited to the closed day ;)

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
I think that the following groups should be invited to the "closed" day:
- Manufacturers
- Media (printed and electronic so yes "mods" should be included at Robbos discretion!)
- Field Owners
- Store Owners
- Tournament Organisers
- Miscellaneous (H-PAC and EuroRef's/UK Marshals come to mind)

Personally i'd love to see some conferences along the lines of:

- Air Safety
- Paintballs; caring and storing advice.
- Tech seminars
- Ref training.

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
Pete & Bully,

It looks like you have a following for this infancy of an idea and I think the following will grow.

Nick in my opinion has posted a superb idea of the two dayer.

Perhaps all we need from a players perspective is to know the date and venue so that we can book tickets and possibly accomodation (yes I know there is a hell of a lot more to it than this but that is all players need to know at present)

Bully Jr

Son of the Big Guy
Apr 20, 2007
I havent read all the thread but from what i read i see that you all just want to narrow it down to people that are involved with paintball already. Shouldnt we try and appeal to people that dont play paintball?? that is what would make it something to be proud of more that just 500 Ballers turning up. For paintball to grow you need show cases where ordinary people see the sport and go wow thats something i want to do. Maybe even get a full size supair field and get some pro teams from around the world to play so the general public can see what its all about.

Raffles

Going....going....not quite dead yet...
Jun 21, 2004
oldham - lancs
It should be 'open to all'. That way, the "aren't you just playing Rambo?" types can see for themselves. A 2-dayer is a good idea as well - get all the 'dealer only' crap out of the way first :p.